We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridien closed

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,109 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Le Meridien closed

Does anyone know why Le Meridien is closed? We have a holiday booked there although not for some time but i wanted to know what the problem is.

keswick
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Meridien closed

hi oh no we are going here in may i hpe it not closed then

London
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Meridien closed

Hi Dragonfli

Do you mean the Le Meridien Pyramids hotel? I'm staying there for 3 days from 10 March and know nothing about a closure!!! However, I have been informed that part of the swimming pool is shut for maintenance.

Laura

manchester
Level Contributor
43 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Meridien closed

HI

We are due to go to the Le Meridian on the 14th March. Could anyone please confirm if in fact this hotel is closed, also how did they find out. Much appreciated. Linlu

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,109 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Meridien closed

Its Le Meridien in Makadi Bay i am talking about, i dont think thats the Pyramids for whoever asked. When I went to their website to give someone a link to it, it said the hotel was closed. I rang my travel agent and they said it was nothing to worry about, hotels often closed in the low season for maintenance. I just checked the site again and it doesnt say its closed now, doesnt say open but doesnt say closed!! It does say though there have been some renovations.

fareham,hants
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Meridien closed

reviews are still being left for this hotel. from their reviews it states the pool is closed at the moment due to them putting in heating.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,109 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Meridien closed

Thanks Shamus, i will check them out. it did say on the site the hotel was closed and not taking bookings, didnt mention the pool. I have noticed though that this hotel is now listed with the other Meridiens by Starwood Hotels, it never used to be. I thought it was part of Le Meridien group when we booked but then saw posts saying it was a franchise and nothing to do with them, i checked and it wasnt listed then but as i say, it now is listed. I am wondering if maybe they have bought the franchise back or something.

manchester
Level Contributor
43 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Meridien closed

Thanks for all your comments. We have had no official word that the Le Meridien Makadi Bay is closed from our travel agent and we go in a few weeks. When we return I will post an update for all of you who are going at a later date, I will also give you a very honest opinion about this hotel.

linlu

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Le Meridien closed

My sister works for Sheridan hotels here in the states which run Le Meridien and we are also booked for there in Nov I will ask her but she din't mention anything about it. I'd try contacting the hotel directly if possible on matters like this...Always best to hear it "from the horses mouth" so to speak.

keswick
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Le Meridien closed

the le meridien isnt closed i have had a lettle of my travel agent and its says that the pool was close for some work to be done but is now open and so is the hotel we go in 12 weeks

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Le Meridien closed

she said there was some mainenance work on the property which should be done by now and that the hotel is open.

Get answers to your questions about Makadi Bay
Recent Conversations