We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spirit prices / duty free ?manchester airport

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
spirit prices / duty free ?manchester airport

hi there / royal sunrise 22nd april....

we are trying to find out how much it is for some bottles spirits at m/c airport. ie -:

bacardi

brandy

whisky

we have never bought these for a long time from the airport due to the e.u regulations on duty free.....

so.............????

is it value at the airport in £££

or is it cheaper at supermarkets in uk ie asda's ....morrissons etc etc.........and pack it in suit case...........

we prob just want to take 2 bottles .........just for in the room ..like u do ........

ta.....

p.s

long live Gavin & Stacey....xxxxx

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,934 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spirit prices / duty free ?manchester airport

I suppose the cheapest would probably be your local supermarket. But saying that it depends if maybe your tipple is on special offer! Have you tried googling manchester airport site for more info...maybe some prices on there??

London
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: spirit prices / duty free ?manchester airport

Is Manchester a BAA airport ? If so they often seem to have an offer of on that is two litres of spirits for 15 quid, which seems like a good deal to me. They don't have to be the same so could buy vodka & gin, or Vodka and Whiskey etc. Think they are branded ones, but nothing fancy (doesn't include Brandy natch).

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spirit prices / duty free ?manchester airport

thanks for that cannot get prices up at m/c a/port

i seem to remeber from last yr that it think it was 2 for about 15 £ so that will be good....

we r after bacardi n whisky

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,934 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: spirit prices / duty free ?manchester airport

Sometimes who you fly with have good offers on board too.

Stanford-Le-Hope...
Level Contributor
3,257 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: spirit prices / duty free ?manchester airport

As the previous posters have said it may be cheaper in duty free or even on the airline you are flying with, i dont know if you can ring the airport and maybe get put through to duty free???

If you do decided to take drink with you, incase you dont want to take the change of airport prices or who you are flying with, then just make sure the bottles are well wrapped, some bubble wrap round them, and an old tea towel, placed in the middle of the suitcase well cushioned, we have done this many times before with bottles of juice for my daughter, and we have never had any split bottles.

I will be taking a small bottle of juice with us, for my daughter.

Hope you get the info you need re prices before you go.

Have a nice time.

Julie xx

Perth and Kinross...
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: spirit prices / duty free ?manchester airport

Another advantage of buying at the airport is the weight, 2 litres of spirits must weight 2.5Kgs+ which is a fair percentage of your allowance.

Barry.

London
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: spirit prices / duty free ?manchester airport

Hi again choc56uk

Dont think Manchester is a BAA airport, as I just checked the site. But hopefully the 15 pound duty paid price is standard over the UK. They often have the 2 litres for 15 price on board as well. But if you can get it airside I would, just incase you get on the plane and they have sold out or not had time to restaock. (sort of thing that happens to me !).

The previous poster makes a good point about the weight of 2 litres of spirits. Another advantage of buying airside or on the plane.

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: spirit prices / duty free ?manchester airport

hi there

will defo buy at duty'' free

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: spirit prices / duty free ?manchester airport

If This helps 3 weeks ago Barcardi was £10.85 gb pounds for 1 litre and it was £10 exactly for the same bottle on the plane (thomas cook airlines) There is nowhere around the sunrise royal makadi to purchase bottles of spirits once you are there but you can buy at the small duty free shop in the arrivals hall at hurghada airport.

I assume you are flying with Thomas cook if so here is the link to the recine mag

mytravelmag.com/features/…air_news.html

This is the mytravel verion but tc's is much the same and not available on line,also as you are traveling before 1st may you will probably be on a thomas cook painted mytravel plane most likely a a330.

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: spirit prices / duty free ?manchester airport

thanks for that info........i have taken a look and the prices are right......

we will see at the airport what the prices are like too.

also what is the draught beer like at the resort ?

have u tried it ??

Get answers to your questions about Makadi Bay
Recent Conversations