We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is at Souk Makadi 'shopping centre' in Makadi Bay?

Switzerland
3 posts
What is at Souk Makadi 'shopping centre' in Makadi Bay?

Hi there, travelling for the first time to Makadi Bay with a young family, what shops are there at the Souk Makadi? Is it the usual souvenirs or is there a supermarket which has things I can buy for an infant - nappies and glass jars of food? Anyone know if there is a laundrette or do I need to use hotel laundry service? I read there was also a bank - does it have an ATM machine or just a counter with exchange service? Anyone ever had to visit a doctor while in Makadi Bay - good or bad experiences? Thanks to all for the answers and any tips....

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
99 reviews
1. Re: What is at Souk Makadi 'shopping centre' in Makadi Bay?

Hi There

Makadi center just has a few souvenir shops I have not noticed a bank,supermarket or laundrette but there is a full bank and atm within Tia hights hotel.

Hope this helps.

John

Wales
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: What is at Souk Makadi 'shopping centre' in Makadi Bay?

The chemist is also very good in Tia heights for the old Pharoahs revenge. Don't muck about with anything from the UK. Just go see him and for abouut £8 you will be right as rain in 12 hours Its not the food or anything like that, the change of enviroment and very cold drinks being poured into a hot body does it for most people.

Makadi bay is lovely, we are on our way back to sunrise this friday. Can't wait!!!!!

Coventry
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: What is at Souk Makadi 'shopping centre' in Makadi Bay?

There is a small supermarket on the road outside the main Souk which stocks various items that Europeans may be looking for. Prices are fixed here, unlike the shops in the Souk where you are expected to haggle- also, as you might expect, the prices are on the expensive side. Further along the same road towards the golf course you will find a bank with an ATM.

My wife and I are making our tenth visit to the Makadi Marine on November 27th. Have a good holiday!

Makadiphile

4. Re: What is at Souk Makadi 'shopping centre' in Makadi Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2010, 05:17