We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberotel Makadi Saraya Splash Resort

Beccles
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
Iberotel Makadi Saraya Splash Resort

Hope someone can help,

I am looking to go here in November but the online description says the splash resort is still brand new that it still has its wrapping on!

Couple of questions....

1. When will the waterpark open? Is it open already?

2. Is it on the same site as the hotel?

3. Can you get all inclusive features within the waterpark? (food and drink etc)

Seems a nice quiet area compared to Sharm, just wanting to go somewhere different but do not want to book a waterpark hotel if it is not open.

Thanks for your help in advance

Peterborough...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberotel Makadi Saraya Splash Resort

we are trying to find out the same inforamtion we are looking at going june 2012 a party of 13 are going please could you email me if you go and let us know how your hholiday was and the accomodation thanks nikki

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,482 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberotel Makadi Saraya Splash Resort

Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort is within Madinat Makadi to be fair this is not a part of Makdi bay that I go into as it is quite far off the beach and close to the golf course here are a couple of links with maps www.madinatmakadigolf.com/GolfAreaMap.aspx

www.google.co.uk/imgres…

The water park is being built at Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort which will then become Iberotel Makadi Saraya Splash Resort once the water park is open, to the very best of my knowledge it is not open or finished yet but as I have said very rarely go to that part of Makadi bay, there is also a water park hotel being built at the other end of makadi bay called sunwing waterworld that one owned by red sea hotels is so far behind it is not funny they have been building it for over 4 years and keep putting the opening date back and as of 8 weeks ago it was still months off being ready, So be very carful don't book until you know for sure all is open as very often in Egypt things like water park hotels are opened in stages over many months so even when it has it's official opening it may not be fully finished.

Why not send a few private messages to the TA users who have recently posted a review for Iberotel Makadi Saraya Resort they may be able to give you a better idea of were the water park is up to.

The splash resort is not even mentioned on http://www.iberotel.com/en/hotels/egypt.php So be very carful .

Hope this helps

John

Edited: 10 May 2011, 18:47
Stockholm, Sweden
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberotel Makadi Saraya Splash Resort

I sent an email to the hotel, and they replied that the water park is now open. I can't seem to find much information anywhere about it though. I'll be going to Saraya for the first week of July, so I'll let you know when I get back!

West Sussex
Level Contributor
65 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberotel Makadi Saraya Splash Resort

Hi,

looking at this hotel....as well as a number of others but cant decide, the pictures of the waterpark look great....has any1 got any idea of what exactly the water park consists of...seems lots of misleading info on the tour operators sites which cant be believed.

cant find any mention of the water slides on the hotels direct site either.

Need to get soemthing booked or my missus will kill me!

Thanks

Edited: 16 June 2011, 21:18
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberotel Makadi Saraya Splash Resort

The waterpark is open at this hotel, was on a website which had many other reviews and many have taken photos and as far as I can match the planned appearence to the photos, the slides are exactly the same and looks quite good!

There's some pictures here, hope this helps! http://www.holidaycheck.com/detail-reviews_Hotel+Iberotel+Makadi+Saraya+Resort+We+love+Saraya-ch_hb-id_2472664.html?action=medialightbox&mediaNumber=2&hotelReviewId=2472664

West Sussex
Level Contributor
65 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberotel Makadi Saraya Splash Resort

thanks,

was exactly what i was searching for...

Manchester
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberotel Makadi Saraya Splash Resort

The waterpark opened this week , some friends of ours are there at the moment and say it is fabulous. Personally I stayed in the Saraya in april last year. Would have no hesitation in recommending not just the Saraya but the whole Makadi Bay area. Especially if you have children in your party.

8. Re: Iberotel Makadi Saraya Splash Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 22:16