We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stella Makadi Resort - 2nd Sept - TravelWasp. HELP?

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stella Makadi Resort - 2nd Sept - TravelWasp. HELP?

Hello,

I'm new to all this. I'm 18 and just booked a holiday for me and my partner to go to the Stella Makadi Resort in Hurghada for a week 2nd Sept - 9th Sept. I booked it with Travelwasp.com online from Travelzoo.com, but I've been worrying about whether the deal is genuine: £619pp for all inclusive, sea view upgraded rooms. Departing from Manchester Terminal 2. I don't know if Travelwasp are ATOL protected.

I was wondering if there is any way I could contact the hotel and find out if I actually have got a room booked to save disappointment of having to stay elsewhere when we've arrived.

What does the all inclusive actually include?

And are there anything like jetski's around the beach?

I'm just interested in what's avaliable really.

swindon
Level Contributor
333 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stella Makadi Resort - 2nd Sept - TravelWasp. HELP?

We booked the same hotel with Travelwasp (part of Qwerty travel) after seeing it on Travelzoo. We go tomorrow (3rd June) and paid £515 each for AI plus upgrade to seaview room and transfers. This seems a good price without being ridiculously cheap, so your deal sounds fine.

We have contacted the hotel via e-mail (stella@flashinternational.travel) and their Guest Relations replied the next day confirming our booking.

We get back on 10th June, so if you want the low-down I can PM (personal message) you after that date.

Relax and do not worry, sure everything is absolutely fine.

Eric

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Stella Makadi Resort - 2nd Sept - TravelWasp. HELP?

Thankyou for replying so quickly. :)

How did you manage to get yours booked for so little? The offer I looked at was £469pp for AI, sea view upgrade, transfers and a jeep safari.

When I rang up I managed to get £619pp AI, Sea view upgrade, transfers and manchester flights. No jeep safari.

You'll have to PM me to tell me what activities there are and how much they cost. I'm into things like Jet Skiing, Camel riding, Quad biking. Etc...

Nikkie.

swindon
Level Contributor
333 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stella Makadi Resort - 2nd Sept - TravelWasp. HELP?

We rang up on the day Travelzoo Top 20 was issued, with this deal included. The price shown was also £469, but that apparently did not include baggage. We did get the sea view upgrade, but, just like you, the free jeep safari "had gone" as they allegedly only had a number available for each departure date, and lots of other people had supposedly rung in before me! Slightly suspicious, but what the heck, it obviously worked for them as we still booked.

We are flying from Gatwick with Monarch (not one of our favourite airlines!) so it is possible that you have had to pay extra as you are flying from a so-called "regional" airport.

Will let you know as much info as possible when we get back.

Eric

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Stella Makadi Resort - 2nd Sept - TravelWasp. HELP?

My £619 includes 20kg baggage each and 5kg hand luggage. I'm on a TOM506 there and TOM507 back, So I'm guessing that means I'm flying with Thompson.

I've also been told there are a LOT of Russians.

Hope you have a fab holiday!

Nikkie

yorkshire
Level Contributor
128 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stella Makadi Resort - 2nd Sept - TravelWasp. HELP?

Hi

We were there in March this year and like yourselves we are a young couple, who don't like sitting by the pool all day.

We did a boat trip & quad bike safari with the Dolphin house, and quite aptly, we swam with wild dolphins. So worth the money we paid.

There is Casanova the camel on the beach who you can have a ride on :) and there is also horseback riding on the beach & in the desert.

When we went, there were more english than I expected which was a little bit better. They have all sorts of nationalities but we did not find this a problem.

As I am travel agent I got a compliementary upgrade to a sea view, but our room was very close to the reception & stage, so we had a lot of noise on a night so if you have paid for a sea view request it to be nearer to the beach.

Any questions just respond & I'll be more than happy to help :)

Rebecca

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Stella Makadi Resort - 2nd Sept - TravelWasp. HELP?

That sounds great!

Have you got any pictures?

How much were all the activties?

I'm trying to decide how much I'll need to save up for them, baring in mind I've gone all inclusive.

Nikkie

yorkshire
Level Contributor
128 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stella Makadi Resort - 2nd Sept - TravelWasp. HELP?

Yeh there is a couple on my review - if you click on my tripadvisor name it should take you to my review contributions and you will be able to see my photos there.

The trips were roughly 200 egyptian pounds which is approx £20. And we bartered the quad bike tour down once we got ''pally'' with some of the sales reps. Fox is lovely, go to him for the quad bike tour & Zidan for the boat trip :)

It was a lovely holiday, this was not the type of holiday we ever go for so we weren't expecting much but it was fantastic!

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Stella Makadi Resort - 2nd Sept - TravelWasp. HELP?

I'll have a quick look now, thankyou. :)

yorkshire
Level Contributor
128 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stella Makadi Resort - 2nd Sept - TravelWasp. HELP?

Hope you found it helpful, have a lovely time :)

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Stella Makadi Resort - 2nd Sept - TravelWasp. HELP?

Your review was really helpful.

Would you be able to give me a rough amount of how much I could hassle down prices to for quad biking, horse/camel riding and swimming with dolphins?

Thankyou.

Get answers to your questions about Makadi Bay
Recent Conversations