We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay Resort

Cleveland u.k
Level Contributor
268 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay Resort

Due to work at another hotel we have changed our accommodation to this hotel (and I can't wait yet still with some apprehension)

We go on the 3rd Jan - 17th Jan

Has anyone booked with Thomas cook and stayed here what is the special spa vouchers? the extra drinks? (or are they just the 5 international brand's) and the unlimited a la carte - does that mean i have to stand and book every morning or is it a walk in and seated?

(oh so confusing!)

(Thank you in advance)

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay Resort

The spa voucher is 15 Euros off any spar treatment but most treatments can be negotiated to a much lower price than the one they first give you but once you have haggled a price they will obviously not accept the voucher as well. The extra drinks for TC guests on Ultra all inclusive are the 5 branded drinks that are always available these change but to market demand but normally include a good whiskey, Gin and Vodka along with 2 others just remember to ask for them by brand name.

The booking system for the al a carte's is to book each morning for the following evening i.e book Monday for Tuesday evening this is done at around 9.45am onwards in the Victoria pub.

John

Cleveland u.k
Level Contributor
268 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay Resort

Thats fab john (i din't want to keep pestering you) Your a star!

Is the Spa good?

Hubby's questions.... Is the diving reasonable? are the boat trip / scuba good from the hotel or is he better off using the company we used last visit at Dana beach? (i love boat trips) (we don't like using tc trips) ;)

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay Resort

Dont worry about asking questions I and many others are more than happy to answer, I dont dive but I know many who do the best dive company are next door at the fort they are called IDive, and the guys on the beach will sort any sea trips you want at cheaper prices than TC and straight from the pier at the hotel. Personally I dont like the Spa I find it to expensive even though I hound the price down we do use it but not for fancy treatments

John

Cleveland u.k
Level Contributor
268 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay Resort

Great thank you again ... one last question (i am sure i will find more as i go along haha) Pool towels and beach towels ... provided?

Again thanks in advance....... btw 2 weeks from Manchester with tc is £1220 - £1450 for 2 adults depending on level of stuff added on :)

East Sussex
Level Contributor
123 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay Resort

Cards given to you when you check which you exchange for towels at beach or pool.

Cleveland u.k
Level Contributor
268 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay Resort

Thanks LinjEastSussex i expected as much (just want to be a 100% sure before i over load my case with cardi's)

Thank you again

england
Level Contributor
258 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay Resort

Hi there wink bink, noticed you from Cleveland. we live in middlesbrough! been to Sunrise royal makadi once in feb and returning again in dec, John was a great help to me so i'm happy to answer/find out anything you need to know too.

you will love it i'm sure, its a fab place with great staff Jan

Cleveland u.k
Level Contributor
268 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay Resort

Hiya Yeah your Just down the road we are Guisborough! We had booked the other hotel back in june and i just want to make sure everything with be ok!

Just with not taking our kids we'd book the other place on the point of not that many kids go... yet this is a kid's world :/

Please let me know how it is in dec !

Thank you :)

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
185 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay Resort

sorry to push in from down south does focuvon know charge for gym at fort arabesque and which resort has best swimming off the beach would appreciate info from anyone thankks picky

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay Resort

I must admit it is news to me if Fort arabesque charge to use the gym as in most Makadi bay hotels this facility is part of the all inclusive package, Fort arabesque and Sunrise Royal Makadi enjoy the best position in the bay and the swimming off the best is at its best at the fort.

John