We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunrise Royal Makadi

manchester
Level Contributor
33 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sunrise Royal Makadi

Hi, Just looking @ booking the sunrise royal makadi, Just a few questions before i click yes...

Is there anything to do off site ie just a few restraunts/ shops ect..

Is ther much to do for the children as were taking 4 kids from ages 5 to 12

Is the snorkling good??

Many thanks

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,672 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunrise Royal Makadi

Makadi bay is made up of mainly 5 star hotel right around the bay, Unlike many other resorts you are welcome to go into any of the other hotels to explore there shops ect, there is a small shopping area called Makadi center around a 10 min walk from SRM but this is not large, the snorkeling right of the beach is safe and very good,The hotel has an excellent children's club and a full animation team which will keep the kids occupied for hours, 7 pools the largest with slides so they should be happy.

If you want more than is available in makadi bay Hurghada itself is around a 25min taxi ride away.

Hope this helps.

John

Mentioned in this post
Makadi Bay
Makadi Bay
Hurghada, Egypt
manchester
Level Contributor
33 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunrise Royal Makadi

Thanks John,

Do you know if you can get boat trips / quad safari / boat trips there? I have stayed in nabq before and never been to the Hurghada region so fancied a change.

Thanks again

Justin

Mentioned in this post
Hurghada
Hurghada
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,672 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunrise Royal Makadi

Hi Justin

Yes you can get all of them from the hotel, I know Nabq well last time I was there was at the coral sea, I personally think SRM and Makadi bay is far better certainly the beach is miles better, allthough I must admit I do love the local restraunts in Nabaq which are not so available in Makadi bay, but with 7 al a carte's you dont realy need outside restraunts

John

Mentioned in this post
Makadi Bay
Makadi Bay
Hurghada, Egypt
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunrise Royal Makadi

Sorry to hijack your thread but was just about to post a question for John about the Sunrise!

John, can we enter the sea at Fort Arabesque if we stayed at the Sunrise? I know when we stayed at the Fort they were very funny about people coming around and going in from there!

Or is the snorkelling any good from the Sunrise?

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,672 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunrise Royal Makadi

Hi lesley Yes you can enter the sea at the fort while staying at Sunrise but you must not leave any personal items even towels on the beach at the fort the same applies the other way round, Many people use the reef at the fort as you know it is the best in the bay and those who know the set up just walk along and straight into the sea from there sunbeds at SRM some even walk from hotels further round the bay to snorkel at the fort,

Good to see you contributing loads on the Hurghada forum as a DE I don't know if I ever told you that it was me that recommended you to TA when they asked all of us existing DE's to recommend some new blood, Just wish they would ask about Makadi bay it is very lonely on these pages.

John

Mentioned in this post
Hurghada
Hurghada
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Makadi Bay
Makadi Bay
Hurghada, Egypt
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunrise Royal Makadi

Ah thanks John! I wondered who it was! :) Love trying to get people to come the Hurghada way, especially from Sharm!

Thanks for the info. I remember at the Fort the Saga lot would get a security guard any time someone wandered over! They are a little possessive of their beach.

Adding the Sunrise to my list of possibles now. Had three possibles, decided on Movenpick El Gouna, decided too pricey and back to a list of about 5 possibles now! Now have about another month to get my head around it and choose....

Mentioned in this post
Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna
Movenpick Resort & Spa...
3,846 Reviews
El Gouna, Egypt
Hurghada
Hurghada
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,672 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunrise Royal Makadi

I prefer the Sheraton to the Movenpick but both are nice hotels we have also stayed at the Three corners ocean view which was ok but we always end up back at SRM just for the value for money rooms there are not quite as good as the fort but the hotel is far better, also worth a look redsea hotels Makadi Spa and sunwing waterworld both of these look amazing, Good luck and happy holiday in whatever you decide.

John

Mentioned in this post
The Makadi Spa Hotel (Adults Only)
The Makadi Spa Hotel...
1,636 Reviews
Makadi Bay, Egypt
Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna
Movenpick Resort & Spa...
3,846 Reviews
El Gouna, Egypt
manchester
Level Contributor
33 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunrise Royal Makadi

Hi John

Thanks for the advise Just booked SRMB

9. Re: Sunrise Royal Makadi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 01:41
Get answers to your questions about Makadi Bay
Recent Conversations