We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomson flights

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
398 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
thomson flights

Hi peeps does anyone no how much it is to get extra legroom seats with thompson and is it worth it .

Thanks

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
37,642 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomson flights

Hi babaSouth

I do believe that extra legroom seats cost £50 per person return....for short/mid haul flights I always book extra legroom seats much more comfortable and definitely worth the extra cost, then being squeezed into the other seats.........the extra legroom seats are normally by the emergency exits so can get a little cold especially on your Inbound flight, so just make sure you have a pashmina or jacket to wear.....

Angie.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
398 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thomson flights

Thanks Angie

Its not me so much as my hubby he can't stand being cramped, but i think

TC put him off, I might still get him there yet lol.

Fleet, Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thomson flights

Not for Baba but for any first time flyers that are looking to book the exit seats, always check the airlines small print.

Extract from Wikipeadia

Since passengers seated in an exit row must be able and willing to assist the crew during an evacuation of the aircraft, civil aviation boards and national governments set specific requirements for passengers seated in an exit row. While exact requirements vary by country and airline, frequently exit row passengers must:

Be of a certain age, ranging from 12-18 depending on the airline's policies and/or local law.

Not be travelling with anyone requiring special assistance in an emergency (such as an infant or person with a disability), or an animal (including service animals)

Have no physical or mental impairment that would hinder quickly reaching and operating the emergency exit.

Speak and read the national language of the airline's home country (e.g. English on Qantas, Arabic on Etihad or German on Lufthansa, etc...)

Not use a seatbelt extension.

Be able to lift 27kg/ 60lb (for window exits only)

I’ve seen the seatbelt extension rule catch a few people out

Glyn

cardiff wales
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thomson flights

My son works in an airport, recently 2 passengers had to be moved from extra legroom seats due to their size as they needed seatbelt extensions.

5. Re: thomson flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2013, 10:16