We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tidal times at Stella

london
Level Contributor
71 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tidal times at Stella

HI there,

Can anyone that has been to the Stella Beach, let me know the average tidal times?

There is a lot of mention about the low tide and the 300 meter walk to get to the sea, so when is the best time to be on the beach? When is it high tide?

Thanks

Fahmida

Castleford
Level Contributor
270 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tidal times at Stella

As far as I am aware, there isn't any noticeable tide in Makadi Bay. I've never seen any signs of the tide at the Sunrise Royal Makadi Resort, it just seems to gently lap up and down the edge of the beach. I think the 300 yard walk you have heard about will be from the hotel to the beach, not the beach to the sea :-)

Kent
Destination Expert
for Egypt
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tidal times at Stella

Luke of Emperor Divers, or Mr Small will confirm, but I don't t think that The Red Sea is overly tidal.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tidal times at Stella

It can go back quite a bit when the tide is out. You can see it from the pics of the Stella Makadi and we had the same in Sharm. One week you could sit in the sea by the beach, although it was as hot as a bath, and then the 2nd week you couldn't as the tide was out and it was back over the coral.

We didn't notice it at Fort Arabesque though but maybe thats because it wasn't so obvious?

Fleet, Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tidal times at Stella

If you have a smartphone

http://goo.gl/0DTe1

london
Level Contributor
71 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tidal times at Stella

that's all good to know.

thanks for the info all :)

6. Re: Tidal times at Stella

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2013, 10:17