We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stuck on what to do about water........

london
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Stuck on what to do about water........

hi all,

Does anyone know how i can easily access bottled water with low sodium levels to make up my baby milk.........and also what brand...........Going to Stella Makadi

Thanks in advance!

chepstow
Level Contributor
152 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stuck on what to do about water........

have you tried emailing the hotel

london
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stuck on what to do about water........

No- I haven't but I will now.........just need to search for the managers email.......Do u know their email by any chance?

Thanks for the brill idea

chepstow
Level Contributor
152 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stuck on what to do about water........

If you are on face book they are too so you could message them that way

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
10,436 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stuck on what to do about water........

I'm not sure about the sodium levels, but the bottled water is certainly high in silica usually, amongst other minerals.

CHECK before buying as well as the obligatory date and seal checks. The water industry there is quite good at labelling the contents although it has had it's troubles recently

This article egyptindependent.com/news/industry-chamber-b… is just the latest in a series in the Egyptian press.

Hotels 'TEND' to belong to a water purification scheme such as 'Crystal' and display a certificate to that effect in reception, so they must regularly test it to maintain their certification.

london
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Stuck on what to do about water........

hey thanks all,

Unfortunately I'm not on face book so i won't be able to do it that way so will continue searching for other ways to contact them..........

Yazie

chepstow
Level Contributor
152 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stuck on what to do about water........

I have sent a message to them via FB for their email address so will let you know when I have a reply, hope this helps

Bridget

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
229 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stuck on what to do about water........

"Nestle" would be your best bet when it comes to bottled water, along with Pepsi's "AquaFina" and CocaCola's "Dasani". Recommendation is based on local knowledge and various published consumer reports in Egyptian newspapers. As Elaref mentioned, make sure they have the plastic seal of course!

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stuck on what to do about water........

Just a thought, and no doubt I will get slated for it but here goes......If you are that concerned about bottled water, why are you taking a baby to Egypt in the first place?

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
london
Level Contributor
112 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stuck on what to do about water........

Hi Yazie,

I took my baby to Marsa Alam when he was 9 months. I was also concerned about giving him the bottled water due to sodium levels. What I did was I bought a few of those medium sized water bottles from boots. The airlines normally allows you to carry extra items bought at the airport, but as long as you have receipts for proof (check with your airlines). Thomas Cook is ok with this policy.

It was either Evian and Volvic that I took? (as this was a few years back) but I checked them both before travelling and one of them have a lower amount.

4/5 bottles was enough to cover him for the week as I also took ready to pour formula, so I didn't require any water from there.

Luckily he had a lovely holiday an no tummy upsets :)

I did get the information about the sodium levels from the resort I was travelling to (Dasani was the brand they used), but I just wasn't to keen about giving him the bottled water there, as under the age of 1.

I’m sure it is ok to give your baby the bottled water there, but it was just my personal choice and being and over cautious!

I’m going to Stella in 3 weeks and my son is now 3 and a half and have I have no issues with giving him bottled water from there!

Hope that helps.

Fahmida

Mentioned in this post
Marsa Alam
Marsa Alam
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
chepstow
Level Contributor
152 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stuck on what to do about water........

Hi Yazzie this is the email address for you viviane.riad@flashinternational.travel hope this helps you

Bridget

Get answers to your questions about Makadi Bay
Recent Conversations