We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort Arabesque, few general questions

Weston-super-Mare...
5 posts
Save Topic
Fort Arabesque, few general questions

Assuming my passport arrives in time i am hoping to head to FA for a week at the end of June. Just wondering if anyone who has been recently can give me an idea of the price of day trips etc so i can plan a rough budget.

Also, if you have any other tips (however simple!) to make the hol as relaxed as possible. Tipping amounts. What sort of money did you guys spend in a week?

Last question for now, is it all couples and families? Going with a mate for pure chilling and snorkelling but dont want to look out of place!

southampton,uk
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fort Arabesque, few general questions

Sorry I cant answer your question about trips as I didnt move far frommy sunbed but will try and have a rumage to see if I bought any leaflets back....

With reagrd to tipping we took some single dollar bills and allowed ourselves 3 a day to give on tips. The reason we took dollars is that the staff can only change paper money and although they will except sterling unless they change change the coins for notes they cannot change it to Eygptian pounds.

If you dont want to tip as you go along there is a box on reception that you can leave tips in to be shared between everyone.

Please believe me you will not feel out of place here, it is a true melting pot off all different families, couples and friends.

I hope this helps

Weston-super-Mare...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fort Arabesque, few general questions

I appreciate the advice :) I will definitely change a small amount of cash into dollars at airport and take the rest to exchange at hotel as I believe the rates are better?

So you liked the place then?! Any probs getting a sunbed ?!

Taunton, United...
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay
Level Contributor
882 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fort Arabesque, few general questions

The trips from Makadi bay are similar to those from Hurghada. Here's a post with some info and prices:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g297549-c168772/Hur…

southampton,uk
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fort Arabesque, few general questions

With regard to sunbeds there is no problems getting one at the back of the beach, if you want "front row" we were there by 6 in the morning due to the aged old putting towels on to reserve.

However whilst we were there the managmant to try and beat this at least a little bit, created thier own reservation system (for a limited number of beds) in which for 5 euros a day per couple you could have the bed of your choice, a cool box full of any soft drinks & beer, 2 fruit kababs each at 12 noon and a cold flannel around 4.

Hope this helps, and yes I loved this hotel.

southampton,uk
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fort Arabesque, few general questions

Sorry I forgot the rates for Egyptian pounds whilst we were then at the end of April was 10.7, whilst it was 9.3 here.

6. Re: Fort Arabesque, few general questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Makadi Bay
Recent Conversations