We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

Having made a big mistake when we last went to Egypt (not Makadi bay) by booking an absolutely diabolical hotel after having been taken in by a lot of fake reviews, I am dithering about committing to the Fort Arabesque even though it looks perfect for us. The reviews are very good, but just like last time quite a few of them are the poster's 1st review and very short which makes me nervous and I couldn't bear 2 weeks of what we had to endure last time. The price is similar to last time too and considering that was 2 years ago it just makes me wonder even more. The one thing about the last hotel was that the staff would do absolutely anything for the guests to make things as good as they possibly could but that was because they themselves knew, and would openly admit, that the hotel was c***. People are now saying how wonderfully helpful, friendly and attentive the Fort Arabesque staff are and it just makes me a bit anxious.

When I look at the photos it all looks lovely but please, please, please can anyone reassure me that this hotel really is as nice as it seems?

PS I realise I've missed the 'u' off ' Arabesque'but it won't let me edit the title!

Edited: 11 February 2014, 09:17
Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

Flippin 'eck, Tony, that is soooo helpful. I have printed it off and will defo ask for a west wing room (on the ground floor 'cos hubbo's knees are knackered. I know we'll not get any views but what you've never had you don't miss.

Thanks again.

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

Hi Wid tony beat me to it with the answer so you know the Saga block is west wing the hotel will know what you meen with either description, The west wing is elevated so you may even get a bit of a view from a ground floor room

John

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

Hi Wid, I have been to the fort 5 times now and must say that all the staff I have met there has always been helpful friendly from gardners through to management. they even remember us from previous visits and greet us very warmly, even the chefs are lovely and very happy to talk with you. the beach is really really good and the snorkling is great. we are due to go march for our 6th visit cant wait to get there we also booked with sunshine.

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

Thanks to you all for your help and comments. I now can't wait to go! Elevated and yet on the ground floor sounds like having your cake and eating it and as it's my birthday today I'll take that as a good omen .... even though it's a birthday with a 0 at the end of it ;-(

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

Happy birthday!! You have make the right choice, you will enjoy it, come back and tell us how fab it was.

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

Thanks josiem

lancs
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

We have also booked the Fort. After research, have no worries whatsoever! Happy hols everyone!

Edited: 13 February 2014, 15:26
lancs
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

Does anyone know if the beer,soft drinks etc is still self service at te beach bar? Thanks.

Taunton, United...
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay
Level Contributor
876 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

Last August, the main beach bar was not self-service; you had to ask a barman. But the Windbreaker bar near the dive school had a fridge with beer & soft drinks that you helped yourself from.

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

The problem was other people helped themselves so they put a barman there.