We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,550 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

Having made a big mistake when we last went to Egypt (not Makadi bay) by booking an absolutely diabolical hotel after having been taken in by a lot of fake reviews, I am dithering about committing to the Fort Arabesque even though it looks perfect for us. The reviews are very good, but just like last time quite a few of them are the poster's 1st review and very short which makes me nervous and I couldn't bear 2 weeks of what we had to endure last time. The price is similar to last time too and considering that was 2 years ago it just makes me wonder even more. The one thing about the last hotel was that the staff would do absolutely anything for the guests to make things as good as they possibly could but that was because they themselves knew, and would openly admit, that the hotel was c***. People are now saying how wonderfully helpful, friendly and attentive the Fort Arabesque staff are and it just makes me a bit anxious.

When I look at the photos it all looks lovely but please, please, please can anyone reassure me that this hotel really is as nice as it seems?

PS I realise I've missed the 'u' off ' Arabesque'but it won't let me edit the title!

Edited: 11 February 2014, 09:17
Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,550 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

Just booked and got the confirmation. We are going! The price had dropped ... yet again ... since yesterday so the total cost was £220 less than it would have been a couple of weeks ago. If I hadn't wobbled and needed your reassurance before going ahead we would have been kicking ourselves. Mind you if it drops even more we still will. Hey ho!

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
28,011 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

Well done Wid. Envious.

Just went on the website and it won't give me any airports to fly from or the resort grrrr. I'll face the cold and wind and go into the shop. Perhaps that's why their selling off the rooms because no one can get on to book ;-)

Not meant to be maybe.

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,550 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

Eh? I don't get it. I had no problem at all. Keep trying, Sue. Or even get on the phone to them and tell them something's up.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

So so glad you have chosen "The Fort" Our sixth visit was last month and we will be back again on the 17th March (17 days time) cannot wait, my hubby is a scuba diver instructor and loves the diving at the hotel (beach right in front) and I love the snorkelling. Defo the best situated hotel along the Makadi Bay area, we have been going to El Gouna for the last ten years as well every November, you are right it can be windy there but, of course Makadi is in a bay so not so strong, mind you when it is very windy you can escape around the windbreakers on the beach, and the sun is always shining....ENJOY.

Scottish Borders
Level Contributor
76 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

We are off to the fort in May for our 3rd visit and wouldnt even consider looking at another hotel in Makadi Bay. We have spent both visits staying in the West Wing, but may just try the East Wing this time as we do often like to pop into the swim up pool bar after a day on the beach. Have been with both Thomsons and Thomas Cook, but got a great deal through Asda travel for 2 weeks this time. Hope you have a great time :-)

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,550 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

Ah, thanks budgiefred and Robshaz. You are right, as long as the sun shines we will be happy. After a stressful year (and probably more to come) it will be lovely to have time to flop together over a few beers in the sun.

Didn't think of Asda. We paid £1500 total for the 2 weeks which is £220 less than it would have been a few weeks ago. Please don't tell me if you paid less!

Wid

lancs
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

Does anyone have any preferences as to East or West Wing? Any reasons as to why? Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

Wid, that sounds like a good price to me.

I'm really interested in staying at this hotel and it's in the region of £1100 for various one week periods in May. I can get the SRMR for £150 less, but think it might be too large for us. I really fancy staying at the Fort, I think it has the best bit of the beach from what I am reading and seems quite popular with UK travellers.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

Even the Sunrise guests use "our" part of the beach but they ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PUT THE TOWELS ON THE SAND OR THE SUNBEDS, the patrol "boys" patrol the beach with a whistle, mostly for the Russian guests at the Sunrise who will feed the fish and as a diver, get very, very annoyed. They feed them to attract them, but they are already in sight!!!! We prefer to West Wing, we upgrade to the fourth floor, we are at an age, if we cannot do it now, well we never can!!!!! and the dive centre is nice and handy and the pool is heated...the sun rise and sun set and magnifcant as well. All in all a wonderful place to be, especially in these awful winter months. We are lucky to have been twice this year and will be there in 17 days time again....We always "work" on around £53 per person per day, that is good value to be away from home in the winter months. Viven.

Scottish Borders
Level Contributor
76 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Fort Arabesqe - reassure me, please?

Thats a great price, a bit less than we paid and we thot that we got a good deal :-)