We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makadi Saraya or Fort Arabesque

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Makadi Saraya or Fort Arabesque

Hi

Not been out to Makadi Bay for about 4years now & thinking about booking for Xmas & new year .

We usually stay at Makadi Saraya but noticed that there were very few reviews on the Saraya for last Xmas . Also no one seems to be recommending the Saraya when people ask .I also see the sunrise is also recommended a lot.

So come on let me know what your thoughts are on the best hotel thanks x

Taunton, United...
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay
Level Contributor
876 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Makadi Saraya or Fort Arabesque

No such thing as "the best" hotel, Syimo, IMHO.

It all depends on what you want from a holiday:

. lots of a la carte fine dining

. lively ambience, lots of entertainment

. peace and quiet

. good beach

. good pools

. snorkelling and diving

. dancing into the wee small hours....

There's not one in Makadi that can do all those, that I know of. Let us know what your priorities are, and I'm sure folks will chip in.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Makadi Saraya or Fort Arabesque

Hi tony

What we are looking for is quite simple really .

Nice hotel & staff , Good food Nice beach ,good snorkelling . Some fellow Brits as last stay at Saraya there were only 6-7 British couples at hotel in the time we were there .

Taunton, United...
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay
Level Contributor
876 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Makadi Saraya or Fort Arabesque

In which case, the Fort would fit the bill. The hotel is not grand or luxurious, but it is clean and spacious. The staff are friendly and helpful and not always hovering for a tip.

I think the food is pretty good, for a medium price AI - but food's a funny thing, and you never can predict personal likes and dislikes.

The beach is easily the best in Makadi, with plenty of room between the sunbeds and very easy access (no pontoon) to the most glorious reefs. The snorkelling is the main (only?) reason I go to Egypt.

There were about 20% Brits last time I was there, but this varies. The rest mainly Italian and German. Very few Eastern Europeans.

The Sunrise next door has plenty of fans, too. It's livelier than the Fort and has with more food choices. But it's not directly on the reef.

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Makadi Saraya or Fort Arabesque

Hi Syimo Tony makes a very fair point about the Fort above and it is a fine hotel, but for Xmas and new year you will not find a better hotel than Sunrise royal makadi they really do go the extra mile at this time of year and the Gala dinners Xmas eve and New years eve are legendary, you will also find a large contingent of brits over the xmas period, If you use facebook take a look at the "Sunrise royal makadi lovers" group page there you will find many many pictures of the xmas festivities.

Hope this hepls

John

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
834 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Makadi Saraya or Fort Arabesque

We go to both the Fort and Sunrise Royal Makadi each winter. (though neither at Xmas)

The Fort for the Beach, quality of Drinks and the warmer pools (my preference).

The Sunrise for the Food, Entertainment and choice of restaurants (husband's preference).

As others have said, depends on your priorities but both hotels are excellent in my opinion.

Never been to Saraya.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Makadi Saraya or Fort Arabesque

Thanks for your feedback I think if we are going to book it will be the Sunrise ,we have been on the Facebook page and it looks great.My other half is looking at Marsa alam so we will have to wait and see .

Thanks again for your help .x

London, United...
Level Contributor
297 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Makadi Saraya or Fort Arabesque

Slightly off topic, but we went to Iberotel Coraya Beach in Marsa Alam last year and the entertainment staff were very proud to tell us about their Xmas/New year celebrations which are meant to be very good. Adults only though so depends who's in your party!

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Makadi Saraya or Fort Arabesque

Funny you should say that it is the hotel he is looking at lol.

What did you think of the hotel I.E food, drinks entertainment , snorkelling.

Your feedback would be helpful x.

9. Re: Makadi Saraya or Fort Arabesque

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 07:17