We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need a visa for some trips

Manchester
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Do I need a visa for some trips

Hi

Me and my partner are going to Nuweiba in a couple of weeks and we want to go to Eilat to do some snorkelling etc..

Would we need visa's for this?

Thanks

Nuweiba, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need a visa for some trips

No... you will not need a visa. The only excursions that shall require a visa are the Cairo and / or Luxor trips.

leics
Level Contributor
421 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need a visa for some trips

Quite the opposite in fact - if you get the usual full Egyptian tourist Visa it would be cancelled when you cross into Israel.

NSW
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I need a visa for some trips

Yes, but if the OP is starting in Nuweiba, going to Eilat, and then back to Nuweiba, then it is as SwissSinai stated and no visa is needed. They will be given the free 14day Sinai visa at the Taba border.

I guess the question for the OP is where are you flying in and out of? Presumably Sharm, in which case this is also in the visa free zone.

Manchester
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do I need a visa for some trips

We are flying to Taba and staying in Nuweiba. We have spoke to a Thomon rep and she wasn't sure if we need a visa for Eilat but we do have to pay a border fee, so does this constitute as a visa?

NSW
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Do I need a visa for some trips

No, you do not have to arrange a visa for Israel. They will give you a free visa at the border crossing. For the trip you have described you will not need to pay for any visas at all, as the free Sinai visa will do you for Egypt as well.

As you have already mentioned there are border crossing fees. Exiting Israel is the main one.

Nuweiba, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do I need a visa for some trips

Repeat : no visa required but there is a departure tax to pay when leaving Israel and an entry tax to pay when coming into Egypt from the Eilat - Taba crossing.

This entry tax is payable at a kiosk located 1/2 mile from the actual border and has now gone up to LE 53 per person. This tax is unique in Egypt - it is the only entry point in Egypt that I know of that has such a tax. Because of the location of the kiosk, guests coming from through that border crossing and who are staying at the Hilton Taba, Nelson Village and Movenpick hotels which all sit very close to the border, escape the tax, though they may be liable if going on any trips southwards.

Manchester
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do I need a visa for some trips

Many thanks for this only 7 days to go!!

8. Re: Do I need a visa for some trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 06:16