We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help: Visa doubt

Barcelona...
Level Contributor
103 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Please help: Visa doubt

Hi all!

I’m going to Egypt in October (arriving and leaving from El Cairo). I’ll be in Nuweiba for a week and we want to visit Petra for two days. After asking advices and looking at Internet we have decided to cross the borders by land (instead of the ferries that it seems that they are not very reliable).

The problem is that I’ve been told that when you want to come back from Jordan to Egypt you need a full visa entry and in the Taba border they only dispatch the “Sinai pass” (only for the Sinai area). That wouldn’t be a problem but I have to come back to Cairo for taking the plain to Spain. (I’m European citizen).

Today I’ve called to the Egyptian Embassy in Spain and it has been worthless…

Has anyone go to Petra passing through Israel and Jordan and coming back to Egypt the next day?

Do you really need to get and “special visa” in advance?

I would really appreciate all your comments!

Tsukilina

leics
Level Contributor
421 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help: Visa doubt

I'm not exactly sure about Spanish visitors. If you were British you would need a second visa on re-entry from Jordan/Israel - so it might even be best to get a multi-entry visa from the Egyptian consulate in Spain first.

Nuweiba, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help: Visa doubt

Yes, at all points of entry into Egypt it would be possible to buy a visa stamp with the exception of the Taba land border with Eilat. However, I can confirm that this is possible also at that border if one is exiting from Taba into Eilat and then returning back into Egypt through that same border. You should check with the Egyptian passport authorities as you leave the country at Taba and again as you return BEFORE they actually stamp your passport when you return otherwise they will automatically stamp your passport with the visa-free, coast of Aqaba entry stamp which will not let allow you to go to mainland Egypt. It is possible as I know personally travellers who have done it, though I believe it only applies to people who have exited Egypt that way.

The other alternative would be too obtain a multi entry visa from the Egyptian embassy in Spain.

Barcelona...
Level Contributor
103 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help: Visa doubt

Thanks for the reply!

I've tried to contact with the Embassy in Madrid but today is closed due to Ramadan. I'll try to solve before living.

4. Re: Please help: Visa doubt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2010, 06:20