We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurghada v Nuweiba - Which?

Which Nuweiba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hurghada v Nuweiba - Which?

I am hoping someone can help me, I am unsure which resort to book....

We would like somewhere that's relatively undeveloped, suitable for my family. Looking for nice surroundings etc. Not bothered about evening entertainment and happy to be mainly hotel based.

We have looked at staying at either the Hilton Hurghada Plaza Hotel or the Hilton Nuweiba Coral Resort Hotel. Both look nice to me on the web.

Has anyone stayed at either and which hotel/resort would you recommend?

Also how easy is it to get from the airport to each hotel, I have seen that Nuweiba is a fare trek from the airport.

Any advice re either would be appreciated.

Thank you.

northwest
Level Contributor
572 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurghada v Nuweiba - Which?

Can't give you any help regarding Hurghada but have visited Nuweiba many times.

It is very undeveloped and IMO a more "egyptian" experience.....The beaches here are lovely.sandy, not coarse like alot of beaches in Egypt.Even though it is quiet Nuweiba does have some really nice restaurants .........Dr. Shish Kebabs probably the most established in Nuweiba........really good food for a great price.

From Sharm it takes about 2hrs or from Taba about 1hr 30mins in transfer time. Hope that helps

UK
Level Contributor
100 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurghada v Nuweiba - Which?

Hurghada is developed and developing. We found it very touristy.

northwest
Level Contributor
572 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurghada v Nuweiba - Which?

Nuweiba is definately not touristy................but loads of places to visit if you feel like getting out and about..........various canyons Coloured, White, Bridge, Red, Pharoahs Island, Castle Zaman, St Catherines, Dahab is only an hour away and Nuweiba City itself has some really cheap restaurants, just sit back and people watch..We love it ! Forgot to mention Tarabeen, a small promenade of small restaurants, camps, and shops............nice to chill out in !

Essex
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurghada v Nuweiba - Which?

Thanks for the info. Gone for Nuweiba.......

Decided to book the Hilton Nuweiba in the end.

Which is the best way to get from Sharm El Sheikh airport as we have booked our flight & hotel separately?

northwest
Level Contributor
572 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hurghada v Nuweiba - Which?

You could contact The Hilton direct for a quote.

I have Pmd you with another contact detail.

6. Re: Hurghada v Nuweiba - Which?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Nuweiba