We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luxor and cairo-overnight excursions from hurghada

u.k
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
luxor and cairo-overnight excursions from hurghada

My partner and I are hoping to do both these trips when we visit in July .Can anyone who has done the overnight trip to either place tell us exactly what this entails.My partner is diabetic and needs regular meals.I understand these trips leave in the early hours of the morning ,where would they stop so that we can eat or should we take plenty of food with us?Thanks.

birkenshaw, west...
Level Contributor
344 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: luxor and cairo-overnight excursions from hurghada

Why not try booking flight tickets from Hurgada to Cairo thru Egypt Air website. They now do online booking. Really cheap!!!! The flight is only 1hr so wouldn't be an issue with food. There isn't a direct flight to Luxor. I was under the impression that Hurgada is a bit closer to Luxor so the bus trip might be a little shorter. Why not ask on this forum if they've done the Hurgada/Luxor trip and how long it takes. If you do decide to book flights read other questions posted for tips about getting a guide for the day etc.

Perth and Kinross...
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: luxor and cairo-overnight excursions from hurghada

Hi, I kinda lazy so instead of posting again if you look on the Marsa Alam forum for my post about a trip to Cairo and Luxor there might be some info that is of interest to you.

If you are planning on doing 2 day trips something similar to this might be attractive for an extra day, the quote was from a Hurghada travel agent so I hope it is of some help as it may be cheaper/better than 2 seperate day trips through your travel agent. Also if you fly you have more control of times to eat and such like instead of being stuck on a bus.

Hope this is of some interest.

Barry.

London, United...
Level Contributor
401 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: luxor and cairo-overnight excursions from hurghada

Our overday trip to Cairo by bus from Hurghada (see my other post) left hotel at 1:30am - we stopped half hour up the road for about an hour while all the other vehicles forming the convoy joined and set off at 3am. At 5:30am we stopped at a roadside petrol station with a cafe, shops and toilets. That was supposed to be breakfast as we did not stop again until 9am when we arrived at Cairo museum. we went straight into the museum, then went to a papyrus shop before going to a restaurant for lunch at 12ish.

Then we went to pyramids and sphinx and a perfume shop where no one bought anything but it was a quite quick stop and wasn't as bad as ones I've been to before - was quite welcomed this time as I was getting worn out and it had aircon and we were served tea/cola.

If you are all inclusive you can ask your hotel reception for a 'breakfast box' packed lunch, just let them know the day before.

On way back there was a half way stop. it was less time getting back than going as we didn't wait for the convoy and zoomed all the way back. hth grannyp

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,981 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: luxor and cairo-overnight excursions from hurghada

Hi there

The trip from Sharm is very similar to what granny-pops has already writtenharm at 2.30am stopped at about 6.00am at a very clean place where you could have bought something to eat, we weren't there long. First stop in Cairo was the Museum, there is a cafe there, but we just used the toilets and bought soft drinks. Next stop was a trip on the Nile and then to lunch in front of the Pyramids, into a perfume shop which was at the same location. We then went to a Papyrus shop which had a coffee shop where most stopped. Then the journey back with one stop again at a service station/cafe, arriving back abot 12.30/1.00am.

It was a long day, but well worth it, it was also very cheap, including lunch, and entry fees. I think there are enough opportunities to get food, but as granny-pops said, take a breakfast box as well.

Regards

Barbara

5. Re: luxor and cairo-overnight excursions from hurghada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 17:18