We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling to cairo from hilton sharm waterfalls

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
493 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
travelling to cairo from hilton sharm waterfalls

I have already posted a question not long ago but I am having trouble in trying to see who the best company is to arrange a day trip to cairo by plane, its a surprise for my fiance. Would I be better booking it when we get over there and does anyone know whether the hotel has someone there selling day trips.

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,995 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling to cairo from hilton sharm waterfalls

Hi again

You are better off booking when you get there, I don't know who you are travelling with, but they will ahve a rep at the hotel, check the prices, there is a company in the reception area that I went to Cairo with, they are much cheaper than the British Companies. I always go with Longwood, because I have concerns about booking excursions with local companies, whether they have insurance, etc (which has been talked about many times on TA)

Longwood didn't have a trip available in Dec, so I went with this company after doing my homework and they were very good, also much cheaper. Also if you read the threads on Egyptair, you can book your flights online - very cheaply - and arrange a guide or taxi yourself.

Regards

Barbara

Luxor/UK
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling to cairo from hilton sharm waterfalls

Hi

Lots of people seem to be booking the flight to Cairo in the UK before they arrive, online with Egyptair. Heard that some have got the flight for as little as 28 sterling pp return! Then you could organise a guide for when you arrive in Cairo or just use a taxi to take you to the sights.

glasgow
Level Contributor
152 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling to cairo from hilton sharm waterfalls

i have just been looking at flights, egyptair 26th june 3 adults 1 child £126 for all of us have just e-mailed a guy that someone on here recommended, will let you know how much he is wanting for the tour of cairo when he gets back to me!!

carol

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
493 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling to cairo from hilton sharm waterfalls

thanks carol really do want to go and see the pyrimaids and I know my finance would love it too.

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,949 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling to cairo from hilton sharm waterfalls

Hi MadhouseLiverpool...fellow scouser here!!!

I use a company based in Luxor www.reallifeegypt.com They will get you a guide and airconditioned transport for the day ...organise an interary that is good for you...including picking up and dropping back at Cairo airport.....

Kazl

Scotland
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travelling to cairo from hilton sharm waterfalls

Hi Madhouse

have you heard anything about works at the hotel? i found this report on the web and have emailed the hotel but not heard anything back yet.

The hotel plan to carry out works in order to improve the beach area by developing and landscaping the surrounding areas, works will begin in the middle of May and should be completed by the end of July 2007, the area will be sealed off during this time.

on http://www.dilos.com/hotel/3753.

I'll let you know if I hear anything but wondered if your travel company had mentioned it.

Sarah

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
493 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travelling to cairo from hilton sharm waterfalls

Hi

no I havent heard nothing, I was in touch with the hotel a few days ago. I sent a E mail and requested a sea view room they got back to me the next day and confirmed they had recieved the e mail and they look forward to seeing us. I hope its finished before we get there , will have to see if anyone goes in june time they will probably know more.

MADHOUSE X

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
493 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travelling to cairo from hilton sharm waterfalls

I have just emailed the hotel and will let you know if I hear anything

Scotland
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travelling to cairo from hilton sharm waterfalls

Me too - will you have to pay extra for a sea view?

We've been allocated a twin room so I was going to email about getting this changed to a double and will ask for a sea view too!

What email address did you use for the hotel.

We'll keep each other posted!

thanks

Sarah

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
493 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: travelling to cairo from hilton sharm waterfalls

I have just recieved this email

Dear Sir/ Madam

Have a nice day from Hilton Sharm Waterfalls

Reference to the below mentioned , kindly be informed that we will

have beach project till the end of July 2007 and kindly here with

attached the answer for your queries.

Please don't hesitate to contact me fro any further information.

Thank you and best regards,

so there is work going on