We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mount Sinai

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Mount Sinai

Has anyone been up mount sinai in June - how cold does it get at night?

Thanks.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mount Sinai

Hi,

Sorry to jump in on your post but I was wondering the same thing about February. How cold then?

thanks,

Chris

Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mount Sinai

Typed out a huge bloody post, took an hour, full of great information, witty anecdote's and helpful advice. Then bumped off the escape button by accident - gone. Had a twitchy moment where I almost had a nervous breakdown out of rage but I'm calm now. This is going to be short.

Yes, we spent night in May - 7-8' Celsius.. chilly, will need warm clothes+padded jacket+hat. No holiday shoes. Need sleeping bag or can rent blankets up there (smelly but warm, 10 E£ each) Also mattress's. Rent two each for comfort. Bring plenty water. 4 hours to walk up - 7,000 feet. Tiring. Sweaty. Will make you chillier at top, bring change of t-shirt/socks. If take camel up would be easier but unchallenging.

Sunset lovely and few people. Blazing sky at night, bring binoculars for great views of stars. Big crowds turn up for sunrise. Very beautiful. 1 hour to walk down. Hope that helps, Erinna.

February very cold, heard is freezing temp's. Plus side, no people ; )

3. Re: Mount Sinai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh