We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel to choose... Rotana, Waterfalls, Golden View?

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which hotel to choose... Rotana, Waterfalls, Golden View?

Hi all,

Following on from my previous post, out of the hotel choices I have I like the look of the Grand Rotana, the Hilton Waterfalls and the Renaissance Golden View.

I've had a look through some of the reviews and they all seem to have their plus and minus points... what would people recommend?

We're a couple in our 20's, looking for a beach we can relax on, good snorkelling, diving (although I know we wouldn't do that at the hotel) and occasionally we'll use the pool. I'm vegetarian, but I tend to eat out of the hotel, and I find most places are a problem with this anyway!

Which would you recommend?

Many thanks in advance!

Shell

Sharm el sheik
Level Contributor
92 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel to choose... Rotana, Waterfalls, Golden View?

None of the above ,.... Choose a hotel in Naama Bay on b&b basis so you can eat out ...

Movenpick Jolie Ville, Ghazala Beach, Hilton Fayrouz, Novotel, Marriot or Sonest Beach

Cheaper options

Naama Bay - beach a bit dodgy

Ocean Bay - hike to beach

Movey Jolie Ville excellent service and best beach in Naama. Close to shops bars restaurants etc. Lovely beach bar - happy hour 7pm-8pm

Ghazala - nice beach - beach bar happy hour 6pm-9pm

Hope this helps

London, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel to choose... Rotana, Waterfalls, Golden View?

Hey, thanks for the input :)

Well I actually picked those because I thought they were out of the town - I went to Sharm once before and didn't like the town too much; I think we only ventured in twice - so we're wanting a bit of a quieter base!

Movenpick looks really nice, as does the Fayrouz, but the problem is just finding a deal with a decent enough price... I picked those others cause of the deals I've found, I was just not sure whether they were alright hotels...

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
491 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel to choose... Rotana, Waterfalls, Golden View?

Hi Shell

I have booked to go to the waterfalls in July and this seems a really good hotel. It is right next to renaissiance hotel, I have had great reviews fom barbarah another T/A memeber who has been there since the hotel opened and is there now. look for the topic, 43 DEGRESS AND RISING, this is barbarah over in sharm staying at the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls at the moment. She has given the hotel great feed back.

This will be my 1st time to sharm so sorry cant comments on the hotels, but think you wont go wrong with the Hilton.

madhouse xxxxxxx

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel to choose... Rotana, Waterfalls, Golden View?

Hi Shell,

I'm going to Renaissance Golden View on Sun......1st time in sharm for me.

I'll let u know how I found it when I return. Seems like a fab place though.

Wales
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel to choose... Rotana, Waterfalls, Golden View?

I can thoroughly recommend the Rennaissance. Went two years ago, and going back this September! Have their own dive team, not that I can dive, but promise myself a trial dive this year!! Great snorkelling.

England
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel to choose... Rotana, Waterfalls, Golden View?

another up for the Golden View... Great Hotel... with a great house reef to dive on, it's at a place called Ras um Sid.... I have used the dive center and they are very good...

Just on the surface at sun set you had Jacks and Tuna coming in to hunt as well as lion fish.... We had a Turtle on one dive and eggs from a spanish dancer to look, at as well as Morays and all the usual suspects.... Didn't do a night dive but wished I had... It's got a steep reef wall running along the front of the hotel beach.

It's well away from Naama and Sharm but close enough to get a Taxi to town.....

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel to choose... Rotana, Waterfalls, Golden View?

Yep, another vote for the Renaissance Golden View. We are going there 18th October and can't wait. Reviews all over the web were good and I DELIBERATELY picked it because it was out of the main hurley burley of Sharm life. Has everything I want - dive school, reef, good location and according to reviews, good staff and factilities. It is only approx £2.50 taxi into Naama so you can go in, enjoy the food and then escape. There is also meant to be a great restaurant, El Fanar, within walking distance. We are going B&B.

London, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel to choose... Rotana, Waterfalls, Golden View?

Thanks all for the replies :D

Well, we actually stayed at the Waterfalls last time we went - I put it in there because we really enjoyed it and I wasn't sure whether to just go there again! madhouseLiverpool - it is a really nice hotel, the staff are all lovely, and you'll have a great time! We actually picked that hotel last time after it was recommended by barbarah - she must be doing them great business! If she's still on here, thanks so much barbarah - we had a lovely time!

There's quite a few recommendations for the RGV, so I think we're going to go for that one - we have to book it today, so I'm in the final decision-making stage! I just thought the Rotana looked lovely, but it doesn't seem many people on here are staying at that hotel for some reason?

I haven't even booked it yet and I'm so excited! :)

9. Re: Which hotel to choose... Rotana, Waterfalls, Golden View?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh