We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cairo

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
cairo

i have been doing abit of research on the forum and with all the talk of armed guards, 24 hours with no sleep and desert ambushes by beouins i am staring to wondering it really worth it ! We would be travelling with a 9 year old is this a viable possiblity or should i just forget the pyramids?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,013 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: cairo

Do the daytrip by plane-really easy to arrange over their(not from your rep, too expensive) or some people arranged themselves. I booked in resort, well worth it and no armed guards required in Cairo itself. Enjoy

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,905 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cairo

I recently took my 9 year old for the second time and he loved it. I however did NOT do the coach trip instead we flew...Ticket for him was £25 ticket for adult £35 Plane ride takes under 1 hour.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cairo

Thank you for the info, can you tell me how to book the palne trip ?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cairo

Or even the plane trip !

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cairo

www.egyptair.com.eg

yorkshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: cairo

Do Egyptair do organised tours or just the flights? Is it easy and safe to organise the day yourself in Cairo?

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cairo

egypt air are flight only. If you want to do a tour you'll have to locate an agent. Try typing cairo tour into the search and see what others suggest for tours. Else you can book a flight only through egyptair and just do an organised tour on arrival in Cairo.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,013 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: cairo

I booked through Konouz travel in Naama Bay, opposite the bars. Pick up and drop off at Hotel, flights, mini bus and guide, included entrance fee to museum and lunch(yuck by the way!). Very good but more expensive than arranging yourself-£105 per adult.

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,905 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cairo

ha ha Rafa love that word..yuk....;-)

Beanygirl as previous post put www.egyptair.com

When you go on the site top right hand corner asks what country you are in..don't put UK put Egypt as sometimes the flights work out cheaper. You will get a confirmation email if you book then your etickets (like ryanair, easyjet etc) will follow on separate email/emails.(one for each person booked)

I found it cheaper organising my own day. There are plenty of guides (though there are also plenty of charlatans!!!) or you can even book guide and transport online before you go. This costs about £45 per adult half price for children . This normally includes ALL entrance fees (my entrance fees cost £24 per adult and £12 per child in June this year...I did pyramids, sphinx, solar boat museum , Cairo museum, Mummy room and Khan El Khalili) and lunch. My personal favourite is www.reallifeegypt.com

Kazl

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cairo

can somone reccomend me other agant who can organize my excursion in Cairo and how much will cost with entrance fee included, because I am planing ro reserve the flight by my own from egyptair.

Is those flies by eguyptair safe?

One more question does in Sunday Cairo museum and other place of interest work?

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh