We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New booking & shocked at prices!!

glasgow
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New booking & shocked at prices!!

Hi,

After 3 years of staying at the Iberotel Lido on a B&B basis we have been forced into changing hotels for our winter 2008 holiday.

We usually go in March & have paid £770 for 1 week & £990 & £1010 for 2 weeks.

I have been pricing it irecently for just 1 week - March 2008 - cheapest I could get it for was £972 - for B&B!!

We have took the decision to look elsewhere & have now booked the Oasis Reef Blue Bay which according to the website pics & the few reviews on here looks superb - got it for £1060 All Inclusive.

Has anyone else experienced SILLY PRICES for next year?

Also, we're looking forward to something new with the ORBB so any info or tips would be helpful!!

Thanks

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New booking & shocked at prices!!

I know what you mean! We were looking at flights for the end of March and over the last week or so they've suddenly shot up in price. We're now looking at the end of April which seems to be a bit cheaper (not much though). March must have become more popular?

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,876 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New booking & shocked at prices!!

I think Sharm has become more popular, more people are finding out about it through TV advertising.

Keith, United...
Level Contributor
377 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New booking & shocked at prices!!

I think March maybe dearer due to the fact that easter is on 23rd March next year.

England
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New booking & shocked at prices!!

I suppose it because at that time of year March/April you are limited to where else you can go that gets the same kind of weather and is a relatively short flight away. The same with the end part of the year.

We are going at end of September and ended up paying £465 AI for 7 night each. I was surprised when I first started looking though as I honestly expected to find a good quality AI for around £350 easily as other friends have done in only the last year or so!

suffolk
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: New booking & shocked at prices!!

Hi returned from sharm on the 29th june we stayed at the reef oasis beach resort and paid £450 for 1 week. We were so impressed with the hotel that we have booked to go back at the end of april and the holiday is £100 more. I

think you are right more and more people you speak to are going to sharm. My friends and i use to go to Kos All inclusive 4*and pay about £450 but you can just not compare the quality of hotels with the ones in sharm makes the ones in kos look like 2*. Only trouble is will it become another costa del sol!!

uk
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: New booking & shocked at prices!!

were staying at the dreams vacation 23rd aug we booked last year payed 3000 for 2 of us now its 535 for the same holiday i couldnt belive it my sister just booked to come with us

glasgow
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: New booking & shocked at prices!!

I'm glad it's not just me then!!

Oh well, we'll be happy enough to discover a new hotel - looks superb in the photos.

I think people now realise that Sharm is only 1 hour longer on a plane than the Canaries & that the weather is almost guaranteed & it's cheap.

I suppose in a way it's own our fault for spreading the word & telling everyone how good it is.

Anyway, looking forward to March - have fun everyone!!

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,494 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New booking & shocked at prices!!

It is quite possible the price of aviation fuel is expected to go up significantly. I have thought for some time that the prices of £300 odd for packages were unsustainable, especially given the distance. Maybe the time for loss leaders is over too.

glasgow
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: New booking & shocked at prices!!

Yeah possibly making minimum profits to get the custom back after the recent troubles.

I know that there is 1 major tour operator who is totally taking advantage of all of it's customers.

You might have noticed - I will not mention names but from January this year they have reduced their baggage allowance to 15kg, then proceed to charge £15 per person for an additional 5 kg taking it back to 20kg.

If you don't scrutinise the costings you don't it.

Funny how they don't mention things like this on their homepage!

Daylight robbery - why would I want to pay £15 extra to get them same as I was getting pre Jan 2007??

fareham,hants
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New booking & shocked at prices!!

i noticed that one company is charging £15 extra for the 5kg of baggage too. i won't mention names but ........T.C.!!!! look carefully when you book.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh