We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

underwater camera

Dumfries
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
underwater camera

Have just returned from Sharm and have just had my photos with my underwater camera printed at Boots and they are pretty good. I bought the camera at Boots where I paid £8.99 buy one get one free, Boots own make. It cost me £5.99 to get them developed.

The Glens

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
686 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: underwater camera

got mine printed in sharm cost £4 i agree they are good

wales
Level Contributor
190 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: underwater camera

Hi, that is good to know because i have bought those cameras from Boots on a BOGOF and i was worrying they would not be very good.

Go to Sharm on the 26th August for 2 weeks - can't wait.

Scotland
Level Contributor
736 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: underwater camera

I also bought a cheap disposable costing £4 from Tesco, and you can see half a dozen of such at the bottom of my pics on this site I made for the Holiday Village!

arthurseet.piczo.com/?g=44732942&cr=6&rfm=y

They're not the best, but it gives you an idea!

Arthur

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: underwater camera

It depends what you want.If you want some pics to remind you of the holiday and to show your friends what the underwater life is like out there then they are fine but if you want to take some pics as background for a computor or the blow up into pictures you can hang at home it will be very tricky unless you want to spend a fair bit more.At the moment the best compromise is a compact digital in a dedicated housing for that camera.It also depends if you are going to use the camera underwater ever again.If not it hardly seems worth the expense.

Keith, United...
Level Contributor
377 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: underwater camera

Have just bought a Vivitar 6200 underwater digital camera for hubby for his birthday cost £60 from ebay brand new. Its his birthday the day we arrive in Sharm and he loves his diving and usually uses disposable ones but when he goes through 6 or 7 of them on holiday it seems stupid buying them and paying to get them developed. Thought the digital would pay for itself in no time. The camera has been recommended on a few sites so heres hoping.

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: underwater camera

Hi Scottishsunlover

You say your husband likes diving. The Vivitar 6200 is only rated to a maxmum depth of 30 feet. Im afraid to say that this is about as much use for diving as a chocolate teapot.

Ian

Keith, United...
Level Contributor
377 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: underwater camera

Oh well i will just have to use it for snorkelling then. He can do without a birthday present. To say something along the lines of your sayings Ian, he has me so what else would he need for his birthday anyway lol.

London
Level Contributor
869 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: underwater camera

Yah - 30ft is not gonna be enough for diving - but it is going to be perfect for snorkelling.

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: underwater camera

Hey scottishsunlover why dont you take it on a 9m try dive?

Keith, United...
Level Contributor
377 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: underwater camera

Was thinking of a try dive in Sharm. Tried in in the pool in the Dom Rep, asked the instructor if hubby could come into pool with me and stand beside me. She said yes but when we got into pool she made him be her helper and wouldnt let him near me. They didint weight me down properly and i get floating backwards and she kept falling out with. She was a german woman with an american accent and had a terrible attitude, in the end decided that as i thought scuba diving, although has to be done properly was also meant to be fun, but the woman made me feel like a naughty two year old and as i was nervous anyway she just seemed to make me so unconfident so decided not to do it. Hubby did say she was the worst instructor he had ever came across and did not use that diving school for his own trips. I had a problem wit my mask always letting in water as well but have worked out why now so that has given me more confidence even though i am now going to have to embarass myself everytime i wear it but what the hell im on holiday amd nobody will know me lol