We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Children Travelling on Adults passport

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Children Travelling on Adults passport

Hi folks,

I know theres maybe a fair bit of information about this, just can't find any so far on the forums..........

I've got a 14 year old whose currently on my passport, unfortunately the first choice reps weren't entirely sure whether or not he would require his own transport, and apparently there was mixed information from the Embassy on whether or not he would require his own passport.

Can anyone shed some light on this, I'm travelling out to Sharm in 7 weeks time, so really need to get this organised now if Junior needs it....

Thanks in advance x

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Children Travelling on Adults passport

Sorry just read that back after writing it, that should read require his own passport, not transport, lol

birkenshaw, west...
Level Contributor
344 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Children Travelling on Adults passport

I think he is still okay to travel on your passport that he is included on until that expires. Saying that though, I'd rather be safe than sorry. If you do 'check and send' from the Post Office, it takes about 3 weeks to get a new passport so I would definately think about doing getting him his own passport.

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Children Travelling on Adults passport

il check with my sister who works in the passprt agency tomorrow and let u know

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Children Travelling on Adults passport

Sorry Benjii thanks....

I've been trying to actually get through to the Egyptian Consulate in London, but after you press forty thousand buttons, it eventually tells you to email your enquiry, but their email evidentally isn't working either...

jerusalam
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Children Travelling on Adults passport

there was an identical question asked about this yesterday, info was pasted from the UKPA website stating children are ok to travel on parents passport as long as it is not in the USA, also you must makes sure that your passport has more than 6 months left to expire on entry to Egypt.

jerusalam
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Children Travelling on Adults passport

heres what was posted yesterday -

this is from the UK passport website -

What if my child is already on my passport?

Before October 1998 many children were included on adult passports. If your child is on your passport they can continue to travel with you in this way until:

they reach 16 and need to apply for their own adult passport or

the passport on which they are included runs out or

they are issued with their own passport or

the passport on which they are included is sent back to us to be changed in some way.

Important note: Children travelling to the USA need to have their own passport. For more details check the news section.

If you renew or change your passport in any way your child can no longer be included on it and you should apply for a first 5-year child passport for them if they are under 16.

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Children Travelling on Adults passport

Hi fadedin sorry it took me so long to get back to you.I ve checked with my sister she said that as far as the passport agency are concerned its fine as long as there 6 months left but she said that alot of airlines, children require there own she said best thing would be to check with airline

derbyshire
Level Contributor
225 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Children Travelling on Adults passport

I would say check the date your passport expire, if you have more than 6 months left you should be ok,but as the cut off date for allowing children onto parents passports was abolished in 1998 the fact that your daughter is still on it sugests it must be nearly 10 years old.

If still unsure I would say renew it - you will have to do it very soon anyway - might as well get it out of the way before you go for peace of mind.

willenhall
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Children Travelling on Adults passport

HI

my children have both been on my passport over the last few years, i've never had a problem with this, and it has never been an issue in egypt, as i have just read in someone elses post, make sure there is 6 months left on your passport, and then as normal when they get to 16 they have there own passport

DONT WORRY, CHILL ALL IS FINE AND SHARM IS A FANTASTIC PLACE WITH FANTASTIC PEOPLE

HOPE THIS HELPS

SINAI X

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Children Travelling on Adults passport

AAAAAAAHHHHHH (hugh sigh of relief!!) lol

Thanks so much for all the info, that's fantastic, My passport still has a year to run on it, so I'm alright for the six months thing, I did phone the embassy who said it should be fine, but gave me the number for visas, but unfortunately the telephone number, email address, and web address are all down.......

Only 6 wks on Thurs now, can't wait.......

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh
Recent Conversations