We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharm

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Sharm

we are looking at shark for next july

questions

how hot will it be then what will general weather be like?

how big is sharm and where is best narma bay or sharm.

are they both similar sized resorts?

Morecambe, United...
Level Contributor
654 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharm

phil222

have sent you a pm

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,154 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sharm

Hi,

July will be sizzling! about 40-50 & still quite hot in the eves.

Sharm refers to the whole of the stretch of coastline, covering Tiger Bay, Shark's Bay, Na'ama Bay, Habada, Rus Um Sid, Old Sharm etc. Na'ama Bay is pretty busy & some folk find the hassle with the vendors too much, but this is where many of the restaurants & bars are to be found. Old Sharm is about 10-15 mins away & also very busy. It's not really "old" Sharm; it dates back only 20 yrs or so. the whole of the area covered by the name "Sharm" is a man made resort that's sprung up (& is still springing - lotsa development) over the last 2 decades. It's not the "real Egypt" altho day trips are available to Cairo & Luxor from there, as well as Petra in Jordan.

Plz click the link below for more advice & 1st Timer tips : )

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k130…

Regards

uk
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharm

ok thanks

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sharm

it will be mega hot! We came back 2 weeks ago and it was roasting day and night!

We stayed in the Sonesta Beach Resort in Sharm/namma bay. At the end of the hotle there is a little prominade and if you walk along it (about a 10 minute walk) you get to Namma Bay this way you don't have to pay for a taxi.

newcastle
Level Contributor
810 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sharm

hi, i'm looking to stay at the sonesta beach in december, been to sharm 3 times but have always stayed around sharks bay, and i want something nearer naama bay, as 2 weeks all inc can get abit repetitive and i like to venture out, and i love naama bay, food etc is fab, anyway found a great deal 365 each flights, 2 weeks all inc, so i'm just wondering if anyone has been and could you give me some info on the hotel

Thanks in advance

6. Re: Sharm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh