We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oriental resort hotel

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
buckie
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
oriental resort hotel

thinking of booking this hotel for 2008 can anyone give me any information on it as i have read a few mixed reports some very good and some bad.

South Wales
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: oriental resort hotel

Stayed here Dec 06 and had a great time at the hotel. It is located in Nabq bay which is on the northen edge of Sharm.

Hotel:

-2 main Pools (1 heated)

-Food was fine at the hotel.

-Rooms are clean

-Stunning gardens

-Great and attentive staff

Beach:

-Sandy shallow beach so great for kids

-Poor if you like snorking (tip: if you like snorking like me, then you need to turn left at the beach and walk 20 mins along the promenade past the Albertros hotel. Where you wil find an unsoil beach on the edge of a reef)

Entertainment:

-Great fun watching the Russians dancing, which was hilarious.

Overall:

I would say that it is pleasant hotel with lovely gardens, ideal if you would like a 7 day relaxing holiday.

tetbury
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: oriental resort hotel

Hi thebhoys, cant help you for now but im going in december, over xmas...wahay. so give me annn e.mail after that and ill let you know what i think

wales
Level Contributor
157 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: oriental resort hotel

hi, i thought I had read that snorkelling was good off the of the jetty ?

England
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: oriental resort hotel

Hi the bhoys, we came back on the 4th Nov, i would agree with everything that Wynd said apart from the snorkelling.

If you snorkell out off the end of the jetty 150m or so(it gets deep to around 3m in places between) i found the snorkelling to be great, its patches of coral reef here and there but hardly anyone else about, alternatively, when you get to the beach, look to your right and walk to the second jetty, going out around 300m to a sandbank and the edge of the reef, it belongs to another hotel but i wandered down there and had a look and it was really good for snorkelling.

The food was very good, lots and lots to choose from, we had 3 kids with us, no dodgy tummy for any of us. If you have kids there is lots to keep them entertained, a show every night, mini disco, kids club if you want some peace.

Overall we loved it there and would go back again anytime, i'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

I took some pics of hotel and snorkelling, i'll upload when i get chance.

Back to work and reality.........:(

Duff

geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
110 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: oriental resort hotel

Just got back. No complaints. Nice pool area, great rooms with tea and coffee facilities. About 15 mins on the bus to Naama Bay 20 mins to the old market if you want to shop. Not much going on outside the hotel as it's all under construction.Difficult to find a table in the resto at 7p.m. More relaxed if you wait till about 8 p.m. still plenty of choice. Mostly Russians but thats Sharm-el-Sheikh. Oh, by the way - the hotel told me E.L.75 for the bus into Naama Bay - B******T ! It's about E.L.3 - give the exact amount as you enter the bus, getting change is unlikely. You can go snorkelling off the jetty, the animation team go at 3p.m. so they'll show you some good reefs. Enjoy.

buckie
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: oriental resort hotel

thanks very much for all the reports have now booked,could you please tell me if there are beach towels provided at the hotel and what excursions are available,many thanks.

South Wales
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: oriental resort hotel

Beach towels- provided free of charge and you can get new towels when you visit different pools and beach.

Exceursions- The same excurions are anywhere else in Sharm i.e. Cario, Petra, Boat trips, Snorking trips, St Catherine's Monastry, Mount Sani, Quad Biking, Bedouin etc. For more information on excursions try searching this forum.

In relation to my previous post regarding the snorking, I felt that the snorking in the Nabq area of Sharm was generally poor compared to the other area's of Sharm I stayed.

8. Re: oriental resort hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 22:19
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh