We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is four nights in sharm enough??

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
124 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
is four nights in sharm enough??

Hi there, had eight nights booked at the Hilton Fayrouz but due to unforeseen circs Ive very sadly had to cut it down to four - would you still go for just four days or should I just go to the cotswolds instead??????

A very depressed hostie!!

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is four nights in sharm enough??

Hi hostie,

Is the holiday already paid for in full? Can you not change the dates to a more convenient time for you? If this is not possible, then i'd just go for it...4 nights are better than none :-)

Jan

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,089 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is four nights in sharm enough??

Well, it is a six hour flight and what with checkin, etc, depending where you live, you get up early and don't arrive in your hotel till late. Ditto coming home. Last time I went to Luxor for a week I said I thought a week was the minimum it was worth going for, because of the travel time. Also, obviously the flight costs the same no matter how long you go for.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is four nights in sharm enough??

Fair point verity, but if he doesnt have the luxury of obtaining any money back...( If indeed that is the case), then 4 nights is better than none lol

Jan

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,409 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is four nights in sharm enough??

Go for it Hostie!

The Fayrouz is a fabulous hotel... just get up early and really savour your four days!

Think of the sunshine!!! I'm off to Hilton sharks Bay this Sunday!

MM. x

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,975 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is four nights in sharm enough??

Hi hostie

Have to agree with Nebel and mutley, it may be a flying visit, but it really will be worth it, it will give you a taster for your next visit!!!!!

Regards

Barbara

Wales
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is four nights in sharm enough??

Hi Hostie We went for 3 nights earlier this month and 4 nights in october - DEFINATELY worth it.

Ianto

gt yarmouth
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is four nights in sharm enough??

Hi who are you booking the 3 and 4 nights with where are you flying from im trying to do this but the flight prices are sky high

uk
Level Contributor
124 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is four nights in sharm enough??

well............................................... I work for an airline and had a free ticket to use up!! (sorry!) Hubby had an op booked for Jan so it had to be a hol before Christmas, trawled through t'internet - got it all sorted - then hubs op comes forward by a few weeks!!!

Original plan - 2 nights 1 day cairo (with a guided tour from rany sorted out) then Sharm for 8 nights, then back to Cairo for one, then home!

Now its just 4 nights Sharm with the rest staying the same - hub needs his holiday!!

Never been to Sharm before and have heard good things so would have been disappointed not to go atall - we were just going to stay in Cairo to begin with but you guys have made our minds up - Sharm here we come!!!

Thanks, will let you know all about it on our return! x

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is four nights in sharm enough??

Hi Hostie,

Glad to hear you are still going :-D

You wont be sorry you didnt change it for the Cotswolds lol

Have a fab time...Im sure you will.

Jan

xx

Wales
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is four nights in sharm enough??

great to hear that your definately going. you and your husband will be able to chillax ( as my teenage son says)in beatiful surroundings with the sun on your backs.lovely! once youve been to sharm, it'll get into your blood, i'm sure. enjoy

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh