We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Longer Stay

scotland
2 posts
Save Topic
Longer Stay

hi me and two of my mates are looking 2 book a 6week stay in sharm from the 30th of january.can anyone tell me if ill have problems visa wise and if there is a maximum amout of time your allowed 2 stay in sharm?

quick replys would be welcome as im looking to book soon.thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Longer Stay

Hi when I looked into this with the Egyptian Consulate it states that you can stay up to 3m on the tourist visa see www.egyptianconsulate.co.uk/visas.html - 104k

scotland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Longer Stay

thanks and do u know how much the visa would cost 4 6weeks?or is it the same price for all?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Longer Stay

Hi a multi entry visa is £18 and single is £15 if you apply by post. At the airport it is $15. But I would check that it would cover you for up to 3m as the website may not be up to date - should be though.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Longer Stay

..sorry may not have been clear you cant get the multi entry visa at the airport - I had to go to the passport office in El Tor but you can do this by post as well. The website will give you all the details of what to send and your passport needs at least 6m left on it.

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Longer Stay

You have two choices - apply for your visa from the consulate in London (not much time for this though - can't remember how long they take to process) This visa would let you stay for 3 months.

Or

You can buy your visa for 15 US Dollars at the airport on arrival. Technically this is valid for a month - but there is a two week grace period on all visas and so to all intents and purposes it is a six week visa.

It is possible to extend your visa with an extension by paying a visit to the passport office.

6. Re: Longer Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 20:20
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh