We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

xl.com to Sharm el Sheikh

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
xl.com to Sharm el Sheikh

Hi I have just booked a holiday to Sharm el Sheikh and will be flying with xl.com from Bristol. I am a little apprehensive, as have never read any good feedback comments re this company. Has anybody had any good experiences to report?

Devon
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: xl.com to Sharm el Sheikh

They are just the normal chartered flight nothing special, but not the worst either. Hope you found a good deal and enjoy Sharm.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: xl.com to Sharm el Sheikh

Hi booked package with them last October to HSB and never had any probs. Tickets arrived about 2 weeks prior to departure. Seats are cramped. We got to the airport extra early so we were the 1st to check in and paid £25 each for the big seats with extra legroom and it really is worth paying extra for these. Couldnt get them on return though. We have flown with them quite a few times and only had 1 delay of a few hours. Only problem I found is that they did not respond to my emails.

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: xl.com to Sharm el Sheikh

Thank you for your reply Nana. I will consider paying the extra for more leg room, as my son and husband are both 6 foot, bit I imagine £75.oo (cost for the three of us) would go a long way in Sharm.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: xl.com to Sharm el Sheikh

Hi my hubby is over 6 ft and he really struggles in the normal seats - daughter and I do as well but only 5" 5! Defo worth the extra.

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: xl.com to Sharm el Sheikh

Thanks again Nana. Would it work our cheaper if I booked the extra leg room in advance.

I see you posting quite reg on this site and realise you are quite an authority on Sharm.

I have booked a hols in June at Domina Coral Bay. I realise that some of the postings have been quite negative, but managed to get a really good deal for the three of us. It seems a large enough resort to keep my son occupied for the week.

One of my former neighbours is now in Sharm (having married an Egyptian she met on hols), so it will be nice to meet up with her.

I think we will have find Sharm a really cheap place to visit (outside of the resort) and will make a change from hols in the med.

Sunny Stroud Ha Ha...
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: xl.com to Sharm el Sheikh

Just flown to Sharm and back to Bristol from 16th December until last Monday. The ONLY problem we had was we carried on too much luggage and had to pay EXTRA for it!!(We were going over xmas for 3 weeks!) They are very careful about this 20kg and NO more!!!! Pretty stingy really!

Everything else was fine, meal on plane, but had to pay for drinks ect., (we bought a bottle of water - airside to keep us going!)

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: xl.com to Sharm el Sheikh

Hi Treetops. To be honest I dont know if you can pre book the big seats. Where in Sharm is your friend living. Do you know what area or resort?

I have passed your hotel but not been in this one. The complex is huge and only about a 5 min drive away from Naama. Im sure you will have a great time.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: xl.com to Sharm el Sheikh

We flew with Xl in July and will be again in April. We had heard a lot of bad reviews before we went and were worried, but we were pleasently surprised. Both flights were on time and I didn't think there was any less legroom than any other airline.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,013 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: xl.com to Sharm el Sheikh

We flew with them to Sharm last year-saw a report before we flew that they were the UK Airline that suffered the most delays and you guessed it we were delayed by 6 hours at Gatwick!

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: xl.com to Sharm el Sheikh

Flew with them last April and they were a very average charter company. I am 6 foot 3 inches and found the leg room acceptable, even for a flight of 5 hours. Our big gripe was the delay of over 5 hours coming back, which meant we arrived home at 4 or 5 in the morning, instead of midnight as planned!! I seem to remember they gave us a free voucher for food.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh