We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another visa question for Sinai

Lancashire
Level Contributor
154 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Another visa question for Sinai

Hi, someone i know is going to Na'ama they arent planning on going away from SHARM, but they are going for 28 days, do they need a visa?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,224 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another visa question for Sinai

Hi,

Here is a recent quote by Egyptian Goddess (local expert for Alexandria) I believe the 1st visa to which she refers, costs £18:

"You have two choices - apply for your visa from the consulate in London (not much time for this though - can't remember how long they take to process) This visa would let you stay for 3 months.

Or

You can buy your visa for 15 US Dollars at the airport on arrival. Technically this is valid for a month - but there is a two week grace period on all visas and so to all intents and purposes it is a six week visa.

It is possible to extend your visa with an extension by paying a visit to the passport office."

I'm sure she'd be happy to clarify / confirm any further details for you.

Regards

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,995 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another visa question for Sinai

Hi Alex

This is a quote off the Egyptian Consulate site

British and other EU nationals travelling to Sharm El Sheikh, Dahab, Newiba and Taba resorts only,

for up to 14 days, do not require a visa prior to travelling,

they shall receive an entry permission stamp upon arrival.

If you intend to travel out of the mentioned areas or overstay,

You must obtain a visa.

Kindly note that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of travelling

Hope this helps

Regards

Barbara

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,224 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another visa question for Sinai

Hhmmm, still pondering on this; think he/she will have 15 days entitlement without a visa (dating back to Camp David Treaty?) but may then need one if staying for 28 days; gone a bit foggy - been a long day.

Regards

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,995 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another visa question for Sinai

I think we were writing this at the same time, I said I think...... LOL

You type faster than I do!!!!!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,224 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another visa question for Sinai

Wilting now; been out much of the day; hope you can make sense of all that Alex! Signing off now : )

Lancashire
Level Contributor
154 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another visa question for Sinai

Thanks you 2 for the replies, I understand that my friend will need a VISA if she is staying longer than 15 days (which she is), i suppose under the treaty she could have 2 weeks grace but would still have to pay for the extra 2 weeks, so she may as well just get one at the airport.

...for some reason I'm looking forward to seeing how cheap I can get mine. I've set myself a limit of £10!!! ;-) ...also my citricidal tablets haven't come I hope they come tomorrow!

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,995 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another visa question for Sinai

Hi Alex

I've never paid more than £10, sometimes I get change in LEs sometimes not, this Dec paid in $s and it was $15, so obviously this is the cheapest way to pay, but not if you have to pay commission to change sterling into dollars, it will be interesting to see what you pay.

Regards

Barbara

Lancashire
Level Contributor
154 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another visa question for Sinai

Well yes it will Barbara, my thomson ticket makes me laugh, on one page it says a visa is £15 and on another page it says they are £13. Also it doesn't say under what circumstances you do or do not need one! Thank God for TA!

Also going to get some antinal when I get there, I wonder how cheaply I can get them?

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,995 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Another visa question for Sinai

I've posted for many years that Thomson have been charging £13 and making sure all Thomson people go to that queue, people have now wised up and go to other queues, Thomson reps really don't like it, it stops their commission!!!!!

Regards

Barbara

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Another visa question for Sinai

Hi Alex - before I got my multi entry visa I always used to pay in $ and pay $15 each. My bank doesnt charge me commision so it is £7.50 which is the cheapest way. Go to the booth that has a sign saying Visa $15. The visa is clearly marked $15. The tourist visa is usually valid for a period not exceeding three months and granted on either single or multiple entry basis.

If you apply by post to the Consulate it normally takes around 10 days.