We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average air & water temps thru the year - Sharm.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,258 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Average air & water temps thru the year – Sharm.

Hi to all,

As there are regular enquiries about average air & water temps for each month of the year, I decided to reproduce the info from a leaflet we picked up in Dec, during our last trip, so it will come up in “search”. All the temps are approx, of course, & in our experience, looking at the Dec air one, may err on the side of caution.

Remember that air temps are representative of the temp in the shade!

AVERAGE AIR TEMPS:

Jan - 20°

Feb – 21-22°

Mar - 24°

Apr – 27° - 28°

May – 32°

June – 35°

July – 38° - 45°

Aug – 45° - 50°

Sept – 34°

Oct – 31°

Nov – 26°-27°

Dec – 21°-25°

AVERAGE WATER TEMPS:

Jan - 18°

Feb – 20°

Mar - 20°

Apr – 26° -27°

May – 31°

June – 35°

July – 37°

Aug – 40° - 41°

Sept – 34°

Oct – 31°

Nov – 26° - 27°

Dec – 20° - 21°

Anyone who has experienced anything vastly different from the above, please add your advice, so readers can learn about the variations too.

We already know from recent posts that the temp has been up to 28 in Jan this yr, but has been unusual in the other extreme with some rain too.

Regards

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Average air & water temps thru the year – Sharm.

Well done Neph - sounds about right. Outside temp at the moment in Nabq is 17.9 and this area tends to be cooler.

wales
Level Contributor
719 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Average air & water temps thru the year – Sharm.

Clever Neph, very useful post.

Hi Nana, what time did you take that reading? Are you in Nabq now? I have forgotten what 17.9 feels like, is that swim suit weather? We will be in Nabq in 3 weeks and 3 days WhooHooooo

Alison

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Average air & water temps thru the year – Sharm.

Hi Welsh - no not in Nabq yet. Reading was taking about the same time as my post - just had another look and it is now 18.1. Hurghada is slightly warmer at 20.1.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,258 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Average air & water temps thru the year – Sharm.

Forgot to add that in Dec & Jan the days are short & the sun will go down around 4pm.

It's warm enough to sunbathe around 8.30am. Nov & Feb will be similar re: length of days.

In Dec & early Jan, we've experienced (in 4 trips) eve temps (by about 9pm)anywhere between 13° & 19° so, depending on how much you tend to feel the cold, will depend on how many layers you need for the eves.

Anyone considering the desert stargazing trip desert eve quad ride will def need a few layers!(Quads trip is dusty).

You will still need something for the eves in Feb & maybe a light layer for Nov & March.

Regards

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Average air & water temps thru the year – Sharm.

useful information - thanks for posting

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
873 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Average air & water temps thru the year – Sharm.

I think the Jan water temperature is a bit pessimistic. Diving websites generally give 20 to 22 degrees or so as an average for Jan. It would be unusual for January temperatures to be the lowest - it's usually coolest in Feb and March. When we were in Sharm earlier this month, the sea temp was described by the the hotel as being 21, which seemed about right. To me, 21 feels a lot warmer than 18, and I'd have said it was 20 or 21, even though the air temperatures at the time were slightly lower (about 19).

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,871 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Average air & water temps thru the year – Sharm.

Just to be awkward, will Nuweiba be warmer or cooler?

We are going to visit Swiss in May.

Have been to Sharm in May for 2 years and it was warm enough for us without being too hot, but getting that way by the time we went home!!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,258 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Average air & water temps thru the year – Sharm.

http://webcam.deili.info/en,3,20,275

then click on SEE CAM.

Useful site given by TA poster mismercedes.

Josiem - unsure of answer but Swiss posts a daily weather report on the Nuweiba forum, so you may find an answer by trawling thru that!

Regards

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Average air & water temps thru the year – Sharm.

Thanks very much for the info, if the june temp is an in the shade reading, what can i expect out of the shade?!

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
10,005 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Average air & water temps thru the year – Sharm.

Hi Kelly

Last June it was late 40s, what I found quite difficult was, the humidy was higher than usual, still loved it, but didn't do any excursions, it was too hot.

Regards

Barbara

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh