We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowne Plaza

Level Contributor
233 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Crowne Plaza

We have been offered this hotel as our 5 star accommodation in April 08 for 5 days. Would readers recommend this hotel or is it too far from Naama Bayand would recommend another place. thankyou

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,053 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowne Plaza

Probably a very nice hotel but a 5 min taxi ride away from the night life.It is not on the main road so the taxi drivers can ask for what they want which will be way over the proper fare.Saying that the hotel may have a shuttle bus that runs to Naama bay.

Grimsby, England
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowne Plaza

Hi Dianejoy, I stayed at the Crowne plaza last April, had a very nice time, and I fully recommend the place. The house reef is brilliant and grat for snorkelling. The only drawbacks I can see are there are a lot of steps, something to consider if you struggle getting around. I also heard that the all inclusive package was nothing special, not a problem if you are HB or B&B.

Naama bay is about 10 minutes away in a taxi and it cost me about £4.50 (English) each way, be prepared to haggle with the taxi drivers at Naama bay and agree a price before you get in the car.

The Crowne Plaza also offer a bus service into Naama Bay, but I can't remember weather or not it is complimentary or not, also I don't think it runs very frequently, you may want to check with the hotel.

3. Re: Crowne Plaza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 11:20
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh