We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed please

ayrshire
11 posts
Save Topic
Help needed please

We have just come back from sharm el-sheikh and we loved it but we have a problem we went into naama bay one night and tryed to take money out of a teller machine but half way it stopped and said tranaction cancelled but when we arrived home and checked my back account it has taken money out of my bank.so i am trying to find the address of thr bank and all i know is thats it on the main street i do remember seeing a a/express sign and the cast machine was inside to the right of the bank and as your looking at the back there is a gold shop to its left thats about all if any one can help trace this would be helpful there is also a shop accross the road called alibaba its the only back i could see on that street i need the name please help

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,203 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed please

Hi,

This description is still a bit vague; when you say it was on the main street, do you mena the main road, with all the cars, or one of the main shopping streets, with all the restaurants? The 2 main shopping streets are His Maj the king of Bahrain Street (with the Camel Bar on it) & Sultan Qabas Street, which leads down the The Hard Rock cafe. Any others, I may be able to help but I need a more detailed description plz.

Regards

ayrshire
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed please

Hi thanks for replying its the Bahrain Street (with the Camel Bar on it) and we think its the opposite side from the camel bar I know there is an american express sign there for sure plus the shop we talked about (alibaba) is the same side as the camel bar its just a little shop which sell all sorts of gifts (lots of glass wear in it )

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,203 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed please

Know the shop you mean; think it's Aladin's Cave tho? Fixed price. There are 3 of them in Na'ama.

Good luck with sorting that out!

Regards

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
579 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed please

Your bank can track the address/owner down through the ATMs code. Really your bank should do all of the work for you on this.

It can happen in machines here too and it comes to light when the bank balances the machine each day. If there is an error the machine will record it. If it is an independent machine it should still do the same. There is also the fear that the machine had been tampered with.

You need to report it to your bank ASAP.

ayrshire
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help needed please

I have been down to my bank today filled in a form but they wanted as much detail as they can get hold of the more detail i give them the better they say so worth trying to find out more

Rendlesham
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help needed please

We had this problem when we were in Sharm. Thought nothing of it and then used the HSBC. On our return we checked our bank account and noticed that the money had been withdrawn, we contacted our bank and within a couple of days the money was credited back into our account. We made sure we either used HSBC or Bank of Alexandria from then on. Good luck!!

bolton
Level Contributor
30 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help needed please

Hi same thing happened to me with the machine on delta sharm in march 2007 gave me reciept but no cash went in the bank on delta next day but they were very unhelpful saying see your bank in uk, which i did 12 days later but it took till june 2007 to get my cash back

8. Re: Help needed please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 03:19
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh