We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do i need injections to go to egypt

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ipswich
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
do i need injections to go to egypt

hi there, am going to sharm in june,do i need to have any injections?thanks

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: do i need injections to go to egypt

Hi there

The quick answer is yes, they are recommended, but you don't have to have them, if you put injections in the search box above, you'll find all the info, also check the post 'Tips for first timers' lots of good info on there.

Regards

barbarah

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
203 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: do i need injections to go to egypt

Hi hairaiser

Have a look at this. Hope it helps !

www.netdoctor.co.uk/travel/africa/egypt.shtml

Stanford-Le-Hope...
Level Contributor
3,257 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: do i need injections to go to egypt

Hello there, i will bump up Neths post, Tips for first timers, this gives lots of good info and advice, and lists the recommended injections.

Julie. xx

ipswich
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: do i need injections to go to egypt

ok thanks, went to tunisia last year and didnt have any. my doctor very unhelpful told me to go to a site where i have to pay £3.95 print out the report and take to him before hell even see me. thought id ask on here first. many thanks.

Stanford-Le-Hope...
Level Contributor
3,257 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: do i need injections to go to egypt

Ladies talk about 1 minute a part posts and typing and posting at the same time, LOL.

Julie. xx

London
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: do i need injections to go to egypt

Hep A, Typhoid and the DTP that we need for this country anyway so you probably have had it.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: do i need injections to go to egypt

go to Fit to Travel website, it will show all the injections you will need

ipswich
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: do i need injections to go to egypt

many thanks everyone.

Munich
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: do i need injections to go to egypt

Most important are DTP and Typhoid. Hep A for healthy people isn't really something to worry about, and shouldn't be confused with Hep B or C, which are much more serious illnesses.

Almost everyone who doesn't live in a 1st World country has had Hep A before. Most experience sickness and fever resembling a flu for a few days to a week and then they get over it 100%. Once you have had it, you are immune for life.

In these countries, no one gets immunized against it. They just get it, get over it and they're sorted.

So worst case scenario for most people is getting unlucky and getting it, having a week off work (it doesn't normally hit until 2 to 6 weeks after contracting it) and then never having to worry about it again.

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
8,675 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: do i need injections to go to egypt

Beg to differ Hutch - dare I? Hubby had HEP A injection before Dom Rep visit and contracted a mild hepatitis from (we think) dirty water which he swam in...it hit him 10 days after he got home, couldn't lift his head off the pillow, had to go to hospital for tests, off work for 6 weeks and took him months to recover. So, he was unlucky BUT I would advise anyone not to take a chance, it's just not worth it.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh