We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First bit of snorkling kit

Glasgow
Level Contributor
796 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
First bit of snorkling kit

I've been looking in the sports shops here and see basic mask, flippers and snorkle for about £15, its rather heavy tho, what price should I expect to pay in Sharm, i'm a bit scared to get involved in haggling on day one. Thanks

grangemouth
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: First bit of snorkling kit

we bought ours over there and it was not as dear as that.think ours was bout £10

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
519 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First bit of snorkling kit

Look on www.swimshop.co.uk www.mailsport.co.uk and www.swimrite.co.uk all these companies supply swimwear/gear etc. Its good quality and reasonable prices, and will last if you plan to go to Sharm again and have time to order on line. Swim shop has a catalogue so you could request one these companies supply swimming clubs to help with training - many of our young hopefuls for Bejing will have had equipment from these companies.

Karen

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First bit of snorkling kit

Hi Weeeyin

The most important thing is that the mask fits properly otherwise it will be a waste of money and spoil your snorkelling experience - a good sports shop should be able to advise you on the fitting and quality of the lens. Buy the other stuff out there, it is cheap enough and most of the hotels stock lots of this equipment, you don't need professional fins or snorkel but please make sure the mask is right for you.

Enjoy yourself

Greater Manchester
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First bit of snorkling kit

Last week specials in Lidl was snorkling gear £20 for a complete professional adult kit - size 38-41. I bought the kids one each as mine tend to buy the gear on every holiday! Guess what I got? Yep their cast offs - still they were good enough for spain and turkey!

Oh they also had some cheap underwater cameras - one reuseable with a flash for about £6

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First bit of snorkling kit

Hi I've just bought a adult snorkelling set from Soccer World today and it was £6.99 .It looks better than the ones we hired in Egypt and more hygenic ( you don't know whos had the bit in their mouth). You should be able to hire the flippers if you need them.

Hope this helps.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First bit of snorkling kit

Decathlon have loads of snorkels in stock. Had a look last night and they were between £5 and £50. You could get a decent mask for a £10 that had the plastic fase mask around the edge to keep the water out and and nice band for the back of your head. I'm not a expert but they looked god value to me.

7. Re: First bit of snorkling kit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 19:22
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh