We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Catherine's

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
474 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
St Catherine's

Hi we are going to Sharm on 21st May and I am interested in doing a trip to St Catherine's. Can anyone tell me the best place to book the trip, how long it takes, cost and what time it goes? we are all women in our 50's so is it a very strenious day? we are all fairly fit. Any advice be appreciated. Also interested in horse riding. We are staying at Iberotel Palace

Boston
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Catherine's

hi, just wondering if you made it to St. Catherine's and walked to the top of Mt. Sinai? We are going in middle August, 2008, and would love to hear some tips if you can provide. Hope you had a great trip. Anything you might share would be appreciated.

thanks! E and K (Boston, MA)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,153 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Catherine's

Hi,

Extract from the Tips for 1st Timers thread:

* There's a long but good day trip to Mount Sinai, St Catherine's monastery (see the burning bush & cow carved in the rock, dating back to Moses's time) You’ll visit Dahab on the way back. This is also a diving resort & not as commercialized or large as Na’ama Bay. Be prepared to witness the poverty of the Bedouins. Children will beg for chocolate, pens, chewing gum & sweets in general.

* Climb Mount Sinai at night, so you can see the sunrise. Can be a bit cool, even in summer months & it’s a l..o..n..g hike; camels are available. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k184…

To view the whole thread (which is a sticky at the top of the forum) plz click:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k211…

Regards

3. Re: St Catherine's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 07:22
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh