We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally!

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
Finally!

I finally got my tickets last night, they had arrived in the mornings post. So now it actually seems more real. Off on Monday morning on the 9am flight from Luton to Hilton Sharks Bay.

Isn't it funny how all the time you are researching to choose a good hotel, the reviews are really good and positive and the minute you've booked, paid and are counting the days till you leave, the reviews start going down the pan! Suddenly all the positive comments are now - just not so good anymore! I do hope I haven't chosen badly :-(

Gonna enjoy myself anyway - I'm sure I'll like it!

London, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally!

You'll love it - we went there last year and are now returning in Oct. The reviews will always vary as everyones views and opinions will always be different, as we all have different standards. It all depends on what your own priorities are.

Personally, I can't wait - October cannot come quick enough!!!

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally!

Thanks for that. It's always difficult for me as I do all the surfing and choosing and hubby just says ok at the end of it. If I book a good place, then all is ok, as is usually the case, but if I were to book somewhere horrible I'd just feel so responsible. So, you've put my mind at rest. I'm sure it's gonna be great!

UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally!

Stayed there twice excellent place, you can't please all the losers

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally!

Oh thanks - you're making my day!

People have said that you're lucky if you can get a bed by the pools or on the beach, that you have to get up at the crack of dawn - is this true?

Stanford-Le-Hope...
Level Contributor
3,257 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finally!

Gina girl stop worrying i am sure you will have a fab time, I will most properly be like you checking the reviews before we fly out to Egypt.

Everyone has differant thoughts and expectations of what hotels can be like, its natural, what you may feel is no proplem for others it can be huge. :-)

6 sleeps till you go, i wonder if you will be able to sleep with the exictment of going away.

Have fun and try and not worry.

Julie. xx

London, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Finally!

Generally you have to stake your claim around the main pool by 9am - you will be very lucky to get a spot after this time.

However, if you are ok with being midway between the pool and the beach then you will find plenty of space on the tiered levels, before the main steps down to the beach (down near the sunset bar).

If you want a spot actually on the beach, then again be there before 9am as the area around the jetty is small and there are a limited number of beds available.

If a good pool spot is important to you either get out there by 08:30 or tip the pool towel man rather well and he will sort it for you.

We used to sit on our balcony first thing in the morning with coffee and watch the games begin, it was fun!!

Nottingham
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finally!

Tickets have come today, travelling on the 5th of June. Just need to sort out my jabs now and with 3 weeks to go I have left it a bit late!!

Stoke on Trent...
Level Contributor
462 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Finally!

Dead excited for everyone goin, cannot wait to finally get my tickets. Had last lot of jabs, typhoid and hep A one in each arm yesterday, arms bit tender, the first lot were ok though.

Stoke on Trent...
Level Contributor
462 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Finally!

Dead excited for everyone goin, cannot wait to finally get my tickets. Had last lot of jabs, typhoid and hep A one in each arm yesterday, arms bit tender, the first lot were ok though.

Stoke on Trent...
Level Contributor
462 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Finally!

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh