We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Illness at The Dreams Beach Resort

cleveland
Level Contributor
186 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Illness at The Dreams Beach Resort

Hi All;

Just returned last night after a great HOT holiday and did really feel glad to be getting away due to the very large amount of people being ill.Even our cleaner was very concerned about it.

I have to say our family were fine but we saw children ill and on several occasions the pool shut due to accidents in it. (very good though at least you know it was clean)They didn`t know the cause but the rep said it was dehydration but no one agreed as there were so many poorly people.

There is a clinic on site and the que was very long and out of the door as we left.

I do not want to worry people but keep an eye on things hopefully it will be sorted out quickly.

Majorca, Spain
Level Contributor
355 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Illness at The Dreams Beach Resort

Hi am really sorry to hear this we have been to dreams beach 5 times and i have only ever been ill once. I think this was due to me laying in the sun for too much time and not due to the food.We are going to vacations this time in december so hopefully if it is a bug or something worse it will have been sorted out by then.Personally i think alot of it is down to the heat and lack of fluids in the boiling sun and not just the food. Thanks for letting us know. Hope you enjoyed your holiday and would love to read a full review sometime.

Anna

chorley,lancashire
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Illness at The Dreams Beach Resort

this is what worries me, if you or your children have the trots, why o why go into the pool where others who are not ill are,

i used to work with disadvantaged children in tadcaster and when one of them had an accident in the pool it had to be closed for a minimum of four hours for the treatment to circulate and filter all the pool, and i am only talking a standard pool in this country with all our up to date equipment, not a large free form pool with slides etc.

Should i come down with anything i will keep well away from the pools, i dont want to inflict my problems on anyone else

Tewkesbury, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Illness at The Dreams Beach Resort

Best not inflict your problems on us when we get there!!! and seriously i do not want to be swimming alongside any floters LMAO, why go into the pool if youve got the runs!!! Sick its just sick

Majorca, Spain
Level Contributor
355 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Illness at The Dreams Beach Resort

Like i said earlier i have only ever been ill once and in all the times i have never seen the pools closed because of this. people who are really ill tend to stay in the room. Must be kids who are doing it.

cleveland
Level Contributor
186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Illness at The Dreams Beach Resort

I have to tell you to our uttmost horror the animation team caught a man one day!!! you can`t even imagine what we all felt and the pool was closed 12.15pm -2.15 pm.

It is very easy to blame children but it was not them to blame on this occasion.

Another day someone near us reported lots and lots of small floties,I was nearly sick but did see it for my very own eyes.

I am sure this must have something to do with it because the food was really good and seemed to be cooked and presented very very good.

Majorca, Spain
Level Contributor
355 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Illness at The Dreams Beach Resort

Oh god really this is bad. Must admit the food is good at this hotel. Have spent most of my time at the pools in vacations and never seen it down there.Some people just dont care about others do they.

cleveland
Level Contributor
186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Illness at The Dreams Beach Resort

beachbabe,

The vacations was lovely and I don`t think it ever happened there!!

It didn`t spoil our holiday,however lots of people were really annoyed by it.

I must say it could happen any where in the world and think it good they do something about it.This may not be the cause of the Illness but I felt I did need to warn people.

Norway, Michigan
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Illness at The Dreams Beach Resort

Oh no! Please tell me that this is a joke. :(

We're going on Tuesday with two kids - and I can feel the axiety level rising...

What do I do? Do i cancel? Ask for a new hotel?

I am NOT ready for some kind of epidemic-thing. No thank you!

What to do?

Norway, Michigan
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Illness at The Dreams Beach Resort

I am very sorry for everyone that got sick, but right now I am sooooooooo relieved - This is not the hotel we're staying at. Just one with a similar name (ok, the only similar thing is Dreams.... )

Apart from that: I totally Agree! Keep sick people out of the pool.

Majorca, Spain
Level Contributor
355 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Illness at The Dreams Beach Resort

I would not cancel my holiday because you just dont know if you are going to get sick. I still feel alot of it is down to the heat and not the food. Just be very careful about hand washing etc and try to enjoy we have had 6 fantastic holidays here and going again in december.

Anna

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh