We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cold aircraft

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chichester
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cold aircraft

I have read on a lot of posts about the planes being cold, we are flying with First Choice has anyone experienced this with this airline. want to know wether to take my own blanket. I dont want to have to buy one for £5

jackie

Merseyside
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cold aircraft

Hi Jackie,

Our last flight back from Sharm with excel our plane was freezing cold, i ended up buying the blanket, so yes i'd take one or a cardi.

Paula x

hull
Level Contributor
131 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cold aircraft

I am always cold on flights! So yes i'd definitely invest in one i've got one that i take camping i will be snug enough underneath that!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cold aircraft

Hi Jackie.

We flew with xl and it was freeeeezing.Think they do it to sell the blankets. Loads of people complained. The stewardess agreed it was cold and went and put a cardi on!!! Take a blanket. You will feel it coming home from the lovely sun.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,529 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cold aircraft

Buy yourself a fleecy blanket £ 2 from Primark

or £2.90 in IKEA

also A sqiushee pillow from ebay around £4.99 upwards,

and def take a cardi or hoodie!

Sunbabe

wales
Level Contributor
719 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cold aircraft

The last time I flew with First Choice they put the air con up to feezing point, sold blankets at £5.00 a piece, then turned the heating on......

Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cold aircraft

hi jackie we flew with first choice in july and the plane was freeeezin coming home. ive already been to primark and bought my blankets for next year!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cold aircraft

I travelled with FC last December and wore a hoodie and a fleece which I put over my legs.I also took socks for the return journey.

Its disgusting if they are putting on the air conditioning so people will buy their blankets.They are thin anyway and dont keep you warm.

Ellesmere Port...
Level Contributor
569 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cold aircraft

Is everybody sure that it is actually cold and not all in the mind because youve just spent a couple of weeks in really hot temps and now your going to normal temps?

In my house, if I sit outside on a sunny day (not often though :) ) and go inside to my living room, it always feels cold but if I look at the thermometer it always appears normal, its just that my body is hot.

chorley,lancashire
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cold aircraft

i tend to travel out in layered clothes to suit here, always have a cardi/ top/ hoodie or what ever, this can easily be put into hand luggage on arrival, on return journey i tend to travel in a pair of shorts to the airport then change into the trousers i travelled out in either on the flight or just prior to boarding if time permits, i have laughed so much at the idiots who travel back to this country in just a pair of shorts and strappy t shirt, then complain when they are cold after landing here at some god forsaken early hours in minus degrees. we are putting a beach towel in hand luggage so will use that if cold on flight

Clydebank, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cold aircraft

ive never been freezing on a flight

a blanket would be the last thing on my mind

its bad enough with the normal packing lol

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh