We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kids

ESSEX
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
kids

I am travelling to the holiday village in July 09 with 2 children (1 - 10yrs - 1-5yrs) - has anyone had any problems (i.e. lots of local attention) when with kids ... my mother is driving me bananas with her worrying & I have had some reservations.

chichester
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: kids

Welcome to the forum, i dont have kids (all grown up ) you will get lots of advice from people who do

Co Durham
Level Contributor
338 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kids

Yeah your kids will get lots of attention from the locals, staff and the public. Not sure what there is to worry about though.

The egyptians were fantastic with our kids (1 and 4) and made their holiday by treating them extra special and keeping them entertained. Nothing to worry about.

Our 4 year old was given lots of little pressies, obviously hoping to entice us into shops but we never bit and he enjoyed the worthless trinkets.

wales
Level Contributor
719 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kids

We have ten year old identical twin girls who have long blond hair and tend to attract a lot of attention where ever they go. We felt very comfortable with them in Egypt, yes everyone wanted to talk to them and made a big fuss of them, especially as one of them is called Aisha which is a very popular name in Egypt. The guy at passport control even held up the queue whilst he sang the song Aisha to her. By the end of the week they knew the name of every member of staff at the hotel. However the attention is very open and does not feel at all sinister, no one trys to touch them or drag them off into shops or anything. I personally think its foolish to leave kids unsupervised in an area with a large transient population such as a holiday resort but that goes for resorts all over the world including the UK and certainly not just in Egypt.

Alison

x

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kids

We stayed at the Holiday Village last November, had a great time, its a lovely hotel,as has been said before kids do get lots of attention but not in a negative way, they just seem to love kids!

norwich
Level Contributor
239 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: kids

yes the kids get treated better than the adults its the culture,you will love it.its very very hot

West Sussex
Level Contributor
147 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kids

We spent two weeks in Sharm with three year blonde twin girls and they had the time of their lives.

We had no hassle - the Egyptian people and staff were very considerate and caring.

I was worried too but we shouldn't have done.

7. Re: kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 01:20
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh