We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Sea Resort (sharm) - Evening Entertainment???

Bedfordshire
3 posts
Save Topic
Coral Sea Resort (sharm) - Evening Entertainment???

Can anyone help? We're going here over New Year with 2 young children and don't know what to pack for evening wear. Is the evening entertainment indoor or out? Many thanks.

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
229 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral Sea Resort (sharm) - Evening Entertainment???

Evening entertainment is held in Finleys Bar and the air conditioning was on quite high when we were there last week, so needed a small cardigan or cover up. The First Choice entertainment is no more and it is the Hotel's own animation who put on the entertainment, it is OK, still a bit like Butlins but the younger kids love it.

There is also seating outside and in the Lobby Bar for a quiet drink, again needed a cover up.

With regard to dressy or casual clothing there was a mix, but I would say mostly erring on the dressy side, but casual was also fine.

So you can take what you like really.

Have a good holiday

Ax

Bedfordshire
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral Sea Resort (sharm) - Evening Entertainment???

Thanks for that A. Would you say it was warm enough for 3/4 length trousers? My girls have got so many clothes from their summer holiday that have hardly been worn, it would be great if I didn't have to buy a load of jeans and jumpers for this holiday!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,170 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral Sea Resort (sharm) - Evening Entertainment???

Hi,

Here is some info from the Tips thread at the top of the forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k211…

CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR:- My family & I have only ever been to Sharm at Xmas & New Year. The weather is usually 21-25 in the day, with low humidity & sometimes a breeze; this is often welcome in the day but can be quite cool at night. The sun is warm enough to sunbathe by about 8.30am & goes in at 4pm. It’s dark by 5.30-6pm & then you need to start putting on 1 or 2 extra layers, depending how much you feel the cold. I do, so need 2 or layers by about 9pm, but eve temps can vary. We’ve known 13-19 degrees by about 9pm. In 4 trips we’ve had about 5 partially cloudy days in total; the rest has been wall to wall sunshine. It’s bikini weather in the day, most hotels have heated pools (although folk who go in ours seem to wince as they get in!) There are people in the sea & all trips are running as normal. The resort & hotels are all beautifully decorated in festive mode & they make much of 24th & 31st Dec with Gala Dinners / buffets in the hotels. Folk tend to dress up a bit for this; especially NY eve, when the hotels really go to town with the buffets. Local restaurants have special menus too. Hotels make more of an effort with the NY entertainment on this night; normally hotel entertainment is quite dire but it’s passable on NY eve in ours! Xmas day is quiet so we usually book a trip. For earlier in Dec or later in Jan, adjust the times I’ve given slightly & maybe even the temps by a degree or so.

Entertainment around resort / trips & much more is also covered in that thread.

regards

4. Re: Coral Sea Resort (sharm) - Evening Entertainment???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 15:18