We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling and beach at Hilton Fayrouz?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
394 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling and beach at Hilton Fayrouz?

We are trying to choose a hotel and want one that has great snorkeling and beach activities. How is the Hilton Fayrouz in compared to the Hyatt?

Thanks

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,988 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling and beach at Hilton Fayrouz?

Hi Tazz

Check posts by mutley muppet, she loves the Fayrouz and says the snorkeling is excellent

Regards

barbarah

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
394 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling and beach at Hilton Fayrouz?

Thanks - will do

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling and beach at Hilton Fayrouz?

The snorkelling in the whole of Naama bay is OK but 90% of the rest of the coast is better,the only exception being El maya.Naama bay has a sandy bottom and not much coral and due to this not the number of fish you find else where.Dont get me wrong,if this is your first trip to the red sea you will still be amazed but if you where to chose a slightly different area you would be blown away.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
394 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling and beach at Hilton Fayrouz?

Thank you for your information. Which hotel would you suggest we stay at for good snorkeling?

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,409 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling and beach at Hilton Fayrouz?

Hi Tazz,

The Fayrouz is a lovely hotel and as Mr Small says there are plenty of fish to see, but better coral outside of Naama Bay.

I snorkel every day when I am in Sharm and the reef at the Fayrouz keeps me entertained.

I havent stayed at the Hyatt, but from what Ive read the snorkling will be much better there.

I like staying at the Fayrouz as I can walk to all the local shops & restaurants and so avoid the crazy taxis!!

Also I dont like being tied to the hotel as I like a change of scenery.

If money is no object then I would certainly recommend the Hyatt.

Many people recommend the Reef Oasis Beach resort as the snorkeling infront of the hotel is fabulous, but you can also pay to use the El Fanar beach next door and access the same reef.

I would also recommend a day trip to Ras Mohammed by land as the coral & fish are stunning!

Have a great trip whatever you decide!

MM x

6. Re: Snorkeling and beach at Hilton Fayrouz?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 11:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh
Recent Conversations