We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost in duty free shop at airport and naama bay

glenrothes
Level Contributor
83 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
cost in duty free shop at airport and naama bay

i believe it is best to pay for drinks in dollars can any one tell me the cost of gin whisky etc in dollars at the duty free i am going to get some dollars but i only want to take what i need to buy spirits at duty free cheers jim

Ferbane,Republic Of...
Level Contributor
746 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost in duty free shop at airport and naama bay

Hi,

Try this link

http://www.egyptfreeshops.com/index.htm

You have to visit the Duty Free in Na'ama Bay within 48 hours of landing and need to bring your passport with you

derbyshire
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost in duty free shop at airport and naama bay

Just got back from Sharm today. The prices are in dollars in the duty free shop in Naama Bay but we found the prices much better in the airport at home or on the plane . We paid £16 for 2 1 litre bottles of spirits on the plane coming home, but they don't always have as much choice on the way back.

Newton Abbot, Devon
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost in duty free shop at airport and naama bay

Can you tell me are you able to access the airport duty free shop in Egypt on arrival.Thanks

norwich
Level Contributor
234 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cost in duty free shop at airport and naama bay

be careful in the duty free shop though...there are people in there pretending to work there and they will lie to you about the prices to try and get you to buy from them somewhere else...they are persistant and annoying.

Newton Abbot, Devon
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cost in duty free shop at airport and naama bay

Thanks for the reply, but can you access the duty free shop on arrival to Sharm airport.

London UK
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cost in duty free shop at airport and naama bay

The prices in the duty free shop are in US$. To save yourself being ripped off by expensive exchange rates take about US$60 in one dollar notes for buying duty free, visas (at US$15) if needed, and they are very useful for tips too.

On your return journey make sure you have about LE40 per person for refreshments at the airport. On my return journey our refreshment bill was about £12 equivalent in LE, but they wanted to charge us £16 because their "exchange rate".

7. Re: cost in duty free shop at airport and naama bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh