We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is a promo room

ayrshire
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
what is a promo room

hi been looking for holidays to sharm and keep coming across promo rooms and was just wondering what they were thanks margaret

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what is a promo room

promo rooms mean promotional rate , as in the are on offer or cheaper then they should be , they do it to fill the hotels

they tend to be the more basic rooms

ayrshire
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: what is a promo room

thanks alot for clearing that up, and has anyone stayed in a promo room at aqua blu.

thanks margaret

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
764 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what is a promo room

I have booked 2 promo rooms at the hotel we are staying at in Turkey in July and have been assured that we have booked 2 standard rooms at a promotional rate. I would imagine that you will get a standard room at the Aqua Blu. We have just come back from Aqua Blu but stayed in a family room, however, the standard rooms I saw (when doors were open etc) seemed fine. They are spread out around the resort in several different blocks.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what is a promo room

i am booked into a promo room at aqua blu end of april , could let you know then if you still want to know

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
138 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what is a promo room

Hi, Dont panic! we've booked 'promo rooms' in the past and never been disappointed. If you are not happy with your room, just ask to move and 9 out of 10 times you will get a better room.

ayrhsire
Level Contributor
191 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: what is a promo room

hi

i have booked a promo room at aqua blu, had second thoughts and enquired about ugrading to a garden/pool view and was told that was what i already had, it was just caled a promo as it was sold at a promotional rate, i was told i could request either a garden or pool view and at no extra cost. Appears to be the exact same room just a lower rate. The promo rooms are sometimes more expensive depending on which day you check (on the beach). anyway have been assured it is same room.

ayrshire
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: what is a promo room

yeah that would be great hope you have a brill time.

margaret

ayrshire
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: what is a promo room

could anyone tell me who you booked with for this hotel.

margaret

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
665 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what is a promo room

hi,we booked with freedom direct,seemed to be the cheepest on the day.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: what is a promo room

i have booked with travelrupublic