We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reef oasis blue bay

Newcastle
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
reef oasis blue bay

Just back fron the reef oasis blue bay. Any Questions?

Bristol
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reef oasis blue bay

Hi,

I have just posted a topic on the Forum but perhaps you could answer my question faster.

I am about to book a holiday at ROBBR but I have heard that most of the paths are cobbled.

To get to all the restaurants I believe I need to push my husband's wheelchair the long way around. I don't mind this if the paths are relatively smooth but if it's going to be a bumpy ride neither pusher or passenger can put up with that for two weeks!

Please can you give me some general info about getting around with limited mobility, stairs etc. He can climb a few steps but not a marble sweeping staircase. Also, he can walk over into a shower tray but not climb INTO a bath.

Really would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Shirley

Newcastle
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reef oasis blue bay

hi shirley,

You should have no problems getting to the restaurants.Yes you will have to go the long way but i think it will be relatively smooth.The journey back to the room will be slightly hilly, but just through an underpass. There were two guests in the room beside us who were both in wheelchairs(with family to help) but we noticed that they were transfered in what looked like a golf buggy.It might be helpful if you email the hotel and request a room near the reception.Hope you enjoy yourself.

Rhondda
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: reef oasis blue bay

Im off to the ROBB on Saturday, my first time to Sharm, can you tell me about gettting a taxi to the main town (Na ama Bay) how much should I pay? is it safe? etc

Thanks

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
606 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reef oasis blue bay

Hi Midnight62

Hope you had a good time, we will be there on the 25th may, could you please answer some guestions for me, and they are.... can men go into the restaurant wearing smart short?? The hairdryer in the hotel room is it one of those that is on the bathroom wall or is it in the bedroom, just asking as never found the bathroom hairdryers very powerful.

And is water available during the day and night or do you have to buy it?

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reef oasis blue bay

HI Midnight62

A general question first, what was the temperature like and do you think we need cardi's, jackets for the evening.

A few people have said the pool's are quite cold, is that true, or is it just because it is so hot, the pool would naturally feel cold?

Thank you

Newcastle
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reef oasis blue bay

A taxi into Naama bay arranged by the hotel cost 58 egyptian pounds each way. You can arrange a time to be picked up to return. You can also use the blue and white taxis from outside the hotel gates. you will need to haggle a price. It will be cheaper but dont know as i never used them. Naama bay is safe but you will get some hassle to go into their shops. Just a firm and polite no will be suffice. Hope you enjoy yourself.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: reef oasis blue bay

Hi Glenvile,

Most of the men wore dress shorts when we were there although some wore long trousers. my husband took both but was more comfortable in his shorts.The hairdryer is on the bathroom wall but i never used it as i took my own. Water is available free all day from the pool and beach bars. There is also 2 small and 1 large bottle in your room fridge. Enjoy yourself.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: reef oasis blue bay

hi. there isnt any baths or shower trays,just walk in showers, the hairdryers are in the bathroom, they are better than other hotels we have stayed. water is available day and night no charge.your mini bar gets stocked daily with soft drinks and water.there were men wearing long shorts on an evening in the restaraunt

scotland
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: reef oasis blue bay

Hi midnight im off on the 27th for 2 weeks with partner and 3 1/2 y.o girl.

a few questions.

we dont stay out late ..is there a bar about 6/7/8 oclock ..openair with music playing/lively?

is there food available lunch time around the beach area?.

would a 3 y.o be ok on the slides(with me)?

plenty sunbeds?

can you get a late check out?

Would you reccommend for my wee girl ,are the kids pools any good?

answer these and i will think of more!!!

haha!

Newcastle
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: reef oasis blue bay

Hi crofty,

The tempersture was around 35 degrees 2 weeks ago, but it was gradually getting hotter. I would pack a cardi/jumper but dont think you will need it.The pools are only cold when first jumping in after that they are lovely and refreshing. Hope you enjoy yourself.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh