We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach suitable for small children

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
379 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Beach suitable for small children

We are soon going to Sharm for the 1.st time, bringing our 2 kids, a 10- and a 5yr-old.

The 5yr cannot swim at all so we're thinking about buying a swimwest for him. We are also gonna buy swim-shoes for both of them (and maybe ourselves to), cause the pics I've seen of the beaches there, all seemed very rocky.

We're looking for a sandy beach, without to much rock and stone if possible. We would like the bottom not to be very steep.We would like the water to be pretty calm, without to much underset and small waves. Still we would like it to be an OK place for snorkelling.

Does any of You have a suggestion on this?

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach suitable for small children

There is a small public area of beach just near the Hilton in Naama Bay which would suit your needs.

Which Hotel are you staying at, as it is near the Hilton beach.

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach suitable for small children

I can recommend the Shark's Bay beach (run by bedouins). Its a short (10-15 minutes) outside of Naama Bay towards the airport.

There used to be just the beach and few huts serving coffee and food and a small local supermarket, but over the years, business has grown and you'll find loads of facilities out there.

Its not a luxury beach at all, though. The sand is coarse and bathing shoes are needed. They have parasols and roughly made sunbeds.

The corals have seen better days, but on the other hand, there is an abundance of fish plus a sandy stretch with low water, where a 5 year old (under supervision!) can play.

But keep in mind that it gets deep pretty fast. A swim west is a very good idea.

Also, you have to pay to get into the beach. Last summer it was 20 LE (Egyptian Pounds, which equals 20 DKK), perhaps more this year.

For a couple of relaxed bedouin beach life style days its perfect! I wouldn't want to spend my whole holiday there, but I think you'll enjoy it :-)

3. Re: Beach suitable for small children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2009, 06:44
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh