We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money in Sharm.

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
peterborough
2 posts
Save Topic
Spending money in Sharm.

Hi, I know we have left it late...son and partner are off to Sharm on sunday for a week..can anyone please recommend the best way to take spending money and perhaps how much might be needed, this is their first trip abroad so any help welcome.

many thanks

Sue

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
379 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending money in Sharm.

Depends - are they All Inc. at the resort? And do they wanna go for some of the many, many different trips there, or are the mostly staying at the pool/beach?

Do they go to clubs? And do they drink alc? Do they wanna go Quadding or something like that? If not AI - what kind of restaurent/priceclass are they going for? Cheapest possible, or the Ultra-Lux-option?

If You have a bit more info, poeple here can give You better advice.

But anyways - it's always better to bring to much, than to little.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,152 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending money in Sharm.

Hi,

The tips thread at the top of the forum may be of interest for general advice; it has a money section, trips, visas, resort acitivites, resort maps & much more.

We get many questions about how much spending money. I'm afraid I never answer that as it's so subjective!

Regards

peterborough
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending money in Sharm.

Sorry, of course I gave far to little info! They might like a trip to the tourist sights but not sure how far from sharm or the best way to get there, any advice welcome.

They are going all inc so that might help with the finances!

I dont think they want to dive but if they do fishing then perhaps they might like to do that for a couple of hours.

I have read some people take GBP to spend but I would hate them to get there and not have the correct money!

They are not clubbers but would enjoy sitting with a pint in the evening.

manchester
Level Contributor
245 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending money in Sharm.

See www.sharm-excursions.com for trip prices. If they are only there for a week AI they would be able to use the hotels facilities for eating/drinking without getting bored, so i wouldnt take much cash at all tbh.

Im going for 2 weeks and plan 2 exhaust the hotels facilities for the 1st week and not spend anything, and then in the 2nd week go to Naama bay etc.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,152 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending money in Sharm.

As I said, the Tips thread will help a lot:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k211…

It explains about trips, how to book, what money to take.

Cairo is an hr's flight, as is Luxor. Cairo is 6-7 hrs by bus, each way. There are loads of trips in the thread above.

Regards

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,152 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending money in Sharm.

P.S. It also explains about fishing....

FISHING:- tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k205… & tripadvisor.com/…7052944 & tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k721…

Regards

manchester
Level Contributor
245 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Spending money in Sharm.

How many times a day do you think you write "See the tips thread at the top of the page" Nepthys, lol?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,152 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spending money in Sharm.

I dunno Doc, but I wish I were paid to say it!

I also wish that the Sticky thread would light up, jump thru hoops, turn head over heels, be on the forum in a different colour as so many people miss it!

:-)

manchester
Level Contributor
245 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Spending money in Sharm.

Yeah it doesnt really stand out much does it?

uk
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Spending money in Sharm.

do many people do fishin trips

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh