We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish Bath

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
leeds
Level Contributor
157 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Turkish Bath

Hi,

going to the holiday village on monday and have been hearing about these turkish baths

what are they?what do they do?how much are they and where can i get one

any help/advise would be good

Thanks

Nath

Bucks
Level Contributor
473 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish Bath

Same here ive been hearing they give you a great tan :) if they do im definitely having on done :) when i go in october :)

Hope you have a great holiday as well your so lucky to be going this monday ive got another 19 weeks :(

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
578 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkish Bath

Aw they are fantastic I have one done every time I go to Turkey :-) I'm looking to get something like this done this time in Sharm but I know it's going to be more like a body scrub than anything...I'm interested to see hehe!

In Turkey you go to the place & spend time in a sauna then have time in a swimming pool then relax then your taken to a room that has a big round stone slab that you lie on & they cover you in very foamy soap using this puffy bag thing! Then they scrub you & throw basins of water over you which is a bit of a shock at the endlol! It's very relaxing & wow your skin feels amazing! After that you have a full body massage :-) I hope that made some kind of sense to you ha!

I had a body scrub at my hotel last year in Sharm & have to say it was rather rubbish hehe! Sounds like the HV may be good though! Let me know if you have one done there please

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkish Bath

Id really like one of these baths/ scrubs too, but i dont think my hotel does them........ is there somewhere else i can go to get one?? Im stopping at the sonesta beach so anywhere near by that does them??

xxx

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
578 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkish Bath

Hey I'm in sharm at the moment & have just had the best turkish bath ever...better than I've had in Turkey :-) Only 18 quid & that's for use of the steam room, full body scub the proper tukish bath way & then a full body massage!!!

It's called the Oriental Spa located on peace road alongside the 24/7 supermarket & McDonalds...above Starbucks :-) Across the road from Gafy hotel & Sonesta(sp)

You have to go!!!

UK
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turkish Bath

I was meant to be going to Turkey instead of Sharm and was looking forward to having one of these so much! I read recently though that a girl got 3rd degree burns from having one.

I'm just going to have a body scrub at a beauty salon at home the day before I go. They also give you fantastic tans :D

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
378 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turkish Bath

I would say that something totally unusual and weird must have happened if a girl got a 3'rd degree burn from that. The odds of having that from turkish bath must be equivalent to a normal bath. I've been to Turkey many times, and never seen or heard anything similar.

Guess chances are bigger, that someone would be eaten alive by a shark, than having 3'rd degree burn from Turkish bath.

UK
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turkish Bath

I think you are a bit wrong in comparing getting bittne by a shark to receiving 3rd degree burns from a turkish bath.

The girl didnt get the burns from the water, she got the burns from her skin being scrubbed raw!

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
578 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Turkish Bath

Jensen I would totally agree! I have had these done many times & have to say that I left with pretty much all my skin lol! Your goinr to Amarante aren't you? That's where I'm just back from & loved it :-)

9. Re: Turkish Bath

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh