We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sharm virgin advice please!!

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
sharm virgin advice please!!

hi guys.

thinking of going sharm for a week later in the yr. looking at going oct-nov. can any1 tell me what to expect please. how hot will it be? will it get dark early? if so what time? does every1 really comne down with the trots there? is there loads of jelly fish this time of yr as i've heard people saying the sea is full with them? and anything else i need to know? thanks

Cairo
Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sharm virgin advice please!!

October daytime will be around mid 70's with clear blue skies although end of Nov will be colder and cloudier.

Gets dark around 5pm November.

Jellyfish are not poisonous and just give a little sting but are more visible around Jan time.

If you follow the advice then you should be okay re trots!

england
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sharm virgin advice please!!

jellyfish have you been to sharm in october, i think maybe not as ive lived here 5 years and ive never been here when its 70 degrees, if it was i wouldnt be here all year round. It is still around 30 degrees in october maybe a few degrees hotter, evenings are still hot too around 25+ degrees.

there are no jellyfish at this time of the year, the only time you really see them is around may time. there are none at the moment.

it gets dark around 6pm.

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sharm virgin advice please!!

thanks for the replies. suz i've found a holiday for 31st oct so we would be there the first week in november. everything you just said i take it they will still stand for early november?

bit concerned about getting the common tummy bug but want to be gauranteed the weather & not go in the euro so long as theres no jellyfish & its still 30c or hotter i think its a winner x

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,757 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: sharm virgin advice please!!

We will also be there for the first week in November and are hoping for hot and sunny weather!

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
178 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sharm virgin advice please!!

suz

jellyfish was talking about mid 70's in Fahrenheit for us older folk. 75 Fahrenheit is the same as 24 Centigrade

Brian

Darlington, England
Level Contributor
113 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sharm virgin advice please!!

Too many jellyfish - it's getting confusing!

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sharm virgin advice please!!

i just read someone was saying it would be 25 or 24 c but i was hoping it would be hotter about 30c in oct or nov. is this not the case? x

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: sharm virgin advice please!!

It will not drop much below 30c in October/early November.

London
Level Contributor
110 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sharm virgin advice please!!

From the research I've done, mid 20s (70s) is the temperature for Jan / Feb. It'll be hotter in November.

10. Re: sharm virgin advice please!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2009, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh